Author: Subject: Kitesurfing Antalya
siggo

Member #: 8686
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 20-11-2009 at 17:43 Reply With Quote
Kitesurfing Antalya

Hi

Is there anyone on this forum or know of anyone that kitesurfs in and around Antalya by any chance. I live near Lara beach and the wind is pretty much ok during summer, so i would like to get into the sport and also find someone to kite with, as kiting alone is unsafe.

I am really amped to get into the sport and the nearest kiting spot to me is like 2,5hrs away.

Looking forward to your replies.

cheers

KEEP IT TIDY

Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 945
Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 21-11-2009 at 10:29 Reply With Quote
Hi I also have a house in Turkey near the town of Kas about 2.5hrs west up the coast from Antalya. Unfortunately great for diving and boats but not ideal for kiting. Therefore when there I go to Patara or Calis beach near Fetihye, a very long way from Antalya unfortunately. I have kited on beachs near Finike and have tried around Antalya but could not find beaches with good or safe access, seemed difficult to get through the metropolis of hotels on Lara beach. The main beach in Antalya was far too busy to safely launch and land.

Saying this if you live there you will know the area better I have only tried when picking folks up from the airport. I would imagine that the summer period would be the best when the termal winds kick in in the afternoon. My guess would be that winter the wind will come from the northern plains of Anatolia producing gusty off shore winds, although Kemer could work if cross shore, but again I imagine the large mountains surrounding the area will spoil those winds making it very dangerous.

Where is the kite spot 2.5hours away? is this further east towards Side.

Hopefully if you start in Lara beach you will soon find others that will join you. If you are starting out get lessons. When back home here in the UK beaches for me are 2hrs away and we do this every weekend.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy.

Heres the link to Fetihye surf centre http://www.fethiyesurfcenter.com/ />
It could be worth getting intouch and taking a small vacation down there to learn or get some help. They are very good and have some of the best kiters in Turkey running the show.

Kitefish

Cecil

Member #: 8383
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 25-3-2010 at 11:18 Reply With Quote
Hello. Nice forum. I have been Able to find a lot of interesting stuff here. Sometimes i just go with my friends for windsurfing. We enjoy a lot together.

70-568
70-569
70-571
70-577

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy