Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 24th July 2010 Diary Entry by justal.
col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 25-7-2010 at 14:02 Reply With Quote
Re: 24th July 2010 Diary Entry by justal.

A good mornings ride at a steady pace...

Is that a nice way of saying Spooker was SLOW, at his age i'm surprised he was awake at that time

On 24th July 2010, justal wrote:

quote:
Mt. Biking: Nant yr Arian
Wind Direction: N/A
Wind Stength: N/A
Surf / Sea State: N/A
Air Temperature: 14¬?C
Sea Temperature: N/A
Weather: Raining

A pretty miserable day, but no wind and I'd arranged to meet Spooker at Nant yr Arian so there was nothing for it but to get out on the bike.

I drove to Pendam, got ready in the pouring rain, checked that the car was locked and had a nice easy cycle across to the visitor centre along the Pendam Trail I was there early so cycled around the High as a Kite section again and then just before Spooker pulled into the car park I realised that I didn't have my car keys with me.... I must have left them in the door of the car.

I quickly decided to head back to the car park at Pendam via the rest of the Pendam Trail and arranged to meet Spooks at the gate onto the moorland section of the Summit Trail. It didn't take long to get back to Pendam and luckily my car was still there and the key was in the door. Everything was intact so I cycled back along the Pendam Trail again to the gate and then did a few circuits of the 'Spaghetti Junction' trails whilst waiting for Spooker. We then had a nice ride up over the moorland section, down the Mark of Zorro and then back up the Leg Burner and around to the visitor centre.

I said bye to Spooker who had enjoyed his ride despite the rain, but was also looking forward to a warm shower and a cuppa! I headed off back down the Italian Job again and around the Pendam Trail to Hippity Hop and the car park where I arrived completely caked in mud.

A good morning's ride at a steady pace.

To Infirmary and beyond..

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 26-7-2010 at 07:17 Reply With Quote
Nope, if it was slow I would have said - "A nice mornings ride at a slow pace" - You know me, I tell it as it is!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 932
Posts 624

Mood: rattle dem bones

posted on 26-7-2010 at 12:56 Reply With Quote
Al - don't mind Col - he is tending to become more cantankerous as he gets older.

He's also a bit sensitive about his age, which is why he has a pop at those (increasingly few) of those who have more birthdays under our belts.

But thankfully his attention span is short, so he won't dwell on this episode for very long

You know INSTINCTively when you're living on the EDGE...

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy