Diary Entries: 1606
14th September 2018
Wind Direction: WSW
Wind Stength: 10/18
Surf / Sea State: river chop
Weather: odd sunny period but mainly cloudy:(.
Max Speed: 23.24 (knots - unless stated otherwise)
Distance Covered: 15.59 (Nautical Miles - unless stated otherwise)
Friday 14th September – windsurf ** Levington – odd sunny period but mainly
F2 Xantos 310 with Tushingham Lightning 8.5 and 44 cm fin.
23.24 knot max., 20.80 knot ave., 10.16 knot hour, 17.56 knot mile, 28.90
km., 13.88 knot alpha.
Some marginal wind forecast coming this afternoon but WSW so Levington was
probably the best option. Sunny morning so after selling a Starboard
waveboard and 4.7 sail to the Swains and discuss the future of our
windsurfing spot at The Dip where the council are placing beach huts on the
carpark we use:( So that’s a bit of money towards my small Formula board
for foiling but I am still not convinced I need one, if a second-hand RRD
one came up I might be tempted??? Micheal Galbraith was already at
Levington rigging 7.5 with the winds increasing so after I did my exercises
in the garden I headed over. Micheal was going OK on the River Orwell and
there was plenty of water so I rigged 8.5 for the big Xantos. It looked
really promising when rigging and hoped I wouldn’t be overpowered but by
the I was suited up it had eased :( In the end I was on the water an hour
and a half but the wind was very gusty and only strong enough in patches! I
had a couple of runs down to the docks and managed to scrape a 20 knot
average but it was hard going. Lightweight Micheal faired marginal better
being out longer and planing longer covering 30 miles while Peter Cutts,
Paul Davies and foiling Steve Miller didn’t have much of a sail as the wind
dropped even further! Sundays wind is hanging on at the moment but next
weeks seemed to have disappeared but I am not holding my breath, we will
have to wait and see???
About MY Statsbar