Board logo

borth rules
chris - 20-3-2005 at 19:50

30+knots nuff said.

Al are you up for a session tomorrow morning early. if the wind is blowing.

justal - 20-3-2005 at 20:21

Yep.... I've just said that in another post somewhere... I'll try to get out around 6am as long as Morgan doesn't keep me awake all night.

I saw you come back from the estuary again this afternoon around 3.30pm... Did you go out again? I went back out around 5pm and it was even windier than before.. Getting up to 40 knots at times.

Al.

chris - 20-3-2005 at 21:11

yer popped up to have a look and to get away from the ebay. wind was the same so went back to bid on the van.

we are now owners of a converted transit. hope it fits under the bar at the car park.

hope to see you on the water first thing. looks as if the swell is picking up too. as i said, i love this place.

laters

justal - 20-3-2005 at 22:03

Cool... yet another member of the van brigade then.

Swell looks as though it should be good tomorrow, but the wind has eased off a bit now... Hopefully it's just having a bit of a rest before coming back with a vengeance in the morning!

See you on the beach.

Al.

justal - 21-3-2005 at 06:49

Chris... I didn't go to the estuary earlier as there wasn't a huge amount of wind, it does seem to be filling in a bit now though, but I have to be at work by 8am and it is now 6.45am so I don't really have time.

Looks as though Ynysals was in a league of its own again at the weekend... According to everyone I've spoken to there was no wind at all anywhere else on Saturday. And on Sunday there are a few decent diary entries from South Wales and the S. Coast, but nowhere near as much wind as we had here. Looks as though it will be cloudy for the rest of the week though so it might not work every morning... Lets hope for more of the same next weekend.

Al.

shem - 21-3-2005 at 07:51

Black rock had a solid 20 knots, maybe more later in the afo, duno though coz I left?

Im Heading out in a bit, surfing and kiting. Any takers??

shawn - 21-3-2005 at 09:24

I'm usually a west kirby/ rhossy sailor and am quite envious that u lot have had a good weekends rippin' while i've been out walking... I've therefore decided to start checking Borths 4casts in case I'm missing out - but I can't find borth on windguru - so was hoping u could tell me which is the best venue on windguru to look at in relation to Borth. Can u help? Cheers.

col123 - 21-3-2005 at 09:34

look at the wind forecasts on this site windguru and borth are there...your right shem blackrock was 20knts +at times fantastic day in the sunshine

mNeil - 21-3-2005 at 10:34

welcome to the borth massif van club chris and margi.

bet it wont go under the rail though!

shem - 21-3-2005 at 12:02

Mid morning up date and Aberdyfi is 25 knots Easterly. Theres shoulder high clean surf as well.

chris - 21-3-2005 at 18:19

neil,

finger crossed the pop top will slide under the bar. will be staying in it when the massive are in town even though i live next door. you can't beat sleepin in a van with the sound of the sea and 20knots rocking the van. happy days. then tarifa in the winter

glad you boys had a top time. dunk i think i passed you this morning i was driving north to snowdon.

Pluto - 21-3-2005 at 21:38

Bugger. I missed a good weekend then.

Wind and surf, I just didn't know what to do so went out an bought a new family car instead.

Must be getting old!