Board logo

Weekend 8th/9th
justal - 4-10-2005 at 19:30

Just had a look at Windguru and things look fairly interesting for the weekend.... Who's coming to Borth??

Any of the windsurfers who attended the Demo Day last weekend fancy a trip back to windy Wales??

Al.

Pluto - 4-10-2005 at 20:40

For once I might be in! No bookings yet although I am house hunting.

See you there??

mNeil - 4-10-2005 at 21:34

come on Al what is interesting?

Spencer - 4-10-2005 at 22:08

MMMM.... anywhere from f4's upto f7's being forcast for next sat to mon,

mNeil - 4-10-2005 at 22:33

is that anywhere spence or specifically borth and what direction?

justal - 5-10-2005 at 05:37

W Force 4-5 Saturday and SW Force 5-6 on Sunday.... Or so the forecasts say at the moment... Although Sunday did look better than that yesterday so they have started to reduce it already!!

Al.

mNeil - 5-10-2005 at 07:24

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee another wekend of wind.cant wait.
had such a good time last weekend that i have had a stiff neck and back ever since! however together with Nick a trip to the pub yesterday evening sorted that out fine!
now where did i leave mi bike?

dunk - 5-10-2005 at 16:10

Ok,
Who's coming out to play??????????

mNeil - 5-10-2005 at 17:03

oh i'll be there; coming up friday evening as usual, see if i can get a sail again

justal - 5-10-2005 at 17:35

The forecasts have eased off even more now, W Force 3-4 Saturday and then SW Force 3 increasing Force 5 on Sunday.... Lets hope they don't drop it by a few knots each day like they often do as we'll end up with nowhere near enough!!

Al.

chris - 5-10-2005 at 17:42

back from the warm windy greek island. so count me in for a sail friday/monday.

Encee - 5-10-2005 at 19:09

After a disappointing session last time, heres to a better one this Sunday...........

See you there

andy B - 5-10-2005 at 19:30

i will be up friday, got monday off as well, so three days for me at beautiful borth. see ya on da beach

Kitefish - 5-10-2005 at 20:08

Count me in, should be up friday evening XC predicts fairly good wind although there is a bit of rain in ther too. Rain means sitting in van drinking till you can't stand and I'm getting a bit of rep for this. So I was going to try and ease off the scrumpy a little this week end

ere Andy; how comes you got a day off, youv'e only just started back after long 'break', thought I had a cushy job

Might bring me bike if it does rain can cycle to pub (oh there goes me not drinkin to much scenario).

leonardo - 5-10-2005 at 20:19

Going to have to take a rain check and rest my knee...

justal - 6-10-2005 at 14:08

Not looking quite so good windwise for Borth now.... Maybe a trip to N. Wales is on the cards..

Al.

col123 - 6-10-2005 at 14:47

porthmadog's looking good 23mph southerly, for sunday any way

mNeil - 6-10-2005 at 17:41

going up after work tomorrow and hopefully get a sail in when i get there.

jon d hat - 6-10-2005 at 19:25

Ah...you lucky lot. I wish I could join you again. 12 days just wasn't enough. I'm hungry for more...and of corse the company is exceptional...!

Chris dude, thanks for an excellent wkend, I hope your honeymoon was incredable.

Won't be up this wkend as i have to work But I have a long wkend the wk after if theres anyone about, oh and if theres wind....fingers crossed eh:bigsmile 3d:

paul b - 6-10-2005 at 20:35

Yep i'm up, need to lose another new board.
see you in the harbour masters office!

justal - 7-10-2005 at 06:04

Well, as predicted the forecasted wind has gradually decreased over the week and now they are only forecasting the following for Borth

Sat morning, 12 knots SSW with lots of rain then W at around 9 knots in the afternoon.
Sun SSW 6-8 knots in the morning then 13 knots in the afternnon.

They are forecasting much more for Rhossy though so we might get it here as we generally get something if Rhosneigr has a decent forecast. But with Rhossy habing 23-26 knots forecast for later on Sunday afternoon and a fair bit of wind all weekend I may well head North for a day.

Al.

kelvin - 7-10-2005 at 08:50

as usuall sod all en ,
looks good again for tail end of week , so far !!!!
think its a trail riding weekend ,wet but windless this way ,
kill a few pretending riders off on some tough tracks and piss off some rambling types .

justal - 7-10-2005 at 18:11

Uh huh.... Bloody weather forecasters!!!

Although it still looks OK for N. Wales on Sunday afternoon.... If there's no wind here Im going to give Dinas Dinlle a go... Anyone know what the tides are doing there this weekend??

Al.

chris - 7-10-2005 at 20:39

yep, if by sunday there is no wind i'm heading north to. where are you going Al?

justal - 7-10-2005 at 21:00

Probably Dinas Dinlle.... Fancy sharing petrol??... Not 100% sure yet, if theres wind here then I'll stay here.

Al.

Encee - 8-10-2005 at 13:59

Think we're gong to try the Graveyard and hope being a bit further round it may pick up the Southerly wind.

Or 'am I being a bit to optimistic..................

paul b - 8-10-2005 at 19:54

All change again, now it looks like me and Encee are hitting blackrock. See you there, if your there!

justal - 8-10-2005 at 20:26

Still haven't decided myself yet... There was just enough wind here for kiting this afternoon.. Neil, Dunk AndyB and a few others were out but I wasn't tempted. It then picked up quite a bit as it got dark, so I'm going to get up early, watch the Grand Prix and then make a decision... It's only about 1.5 hrs to Dinas Dinlle and it looks as though it could be windier up there tomorrow, but if its too southerly then might head somewhere on the southern side of the Lleyn... Maybe even Hells Mouth??

Al.

justal - 9-10-2005 at 06:42

Hmmm... Nearly decision time... There is a little bit of wind here now SSW and the forecasts have it increasing this afternoon. Windguru is only saying 12-24 knots for Borth though although I think it'll get a bit windier than that and there will be just enough to get out for a sail.

On the other hand, it is currently 15 knots SW on Angelsey and forecast to increase to Force 6-7 by mid afternoon. Will some of that wind make it to Borth or should I get in my van and head North?? It looks as though Dinas Dinlle could be the answer... Any other takers??

Al.