Board logo

Of warmer waters
mexican bandit - 28-2-2003 at 14:20

A pic I took of one of my brothers last time I was in Mexico. Midle of december and no wetsuits, how I mis that.

justal - 28-2-2003 at 23:23

Wish we could surf like that here in August.... Just getting the shorty on instead of the full wetsuit is quite an occasion.

Where do you surf these days then??

Al.

mexican bandit - 20-3-2003 at 15:18

Since I came to the UK I've been a bit landlocked and as my mexican driving licence is not valid over here it makes it even harder. But while at uni I'd use any holiday to go back home and camp out on the beach. When desperate for waves I'd go to see a mate down in Brighton - not really a wave spot.

At the moment I'm in the Midlands so I took up kiteboarding to compensate for the lack of water.

bladeryder - 19-6-2003 at 01:24

Hi there Mexican Bandit!

I'm from the Midlands also!

I'm a member of a group called DCK. We're based in derby, but have a few members that travel from all over the midlands to buggy at our local spot.

I'd love to hear from you, my email is lee@dck.org.uk (i don't check here very often, so email is preferred). Most of us are into kitebuggying, but we have a few mountain boarders and a few kitesurfers too. I'm a buggy'er trying to make the move to surfing

Visit out website at www.dck.org.uk.

We're all heading off to Wales, not too far from Aber' as it happens, for the last weekned of the month.

Our weekend away is sponsored by www.coastguardkites.com and we'd love to see you there.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Lee (bladeryder)