Board logo

Weekend 26/27
Spooker - 23-11-2005 at 16:03

So....

the million dollar question is...

despite the banter in other threads, will anyone actually be at the coast this weekend?

Its going to be silly cold, tho possibly sunny on sat. Sounds like a daft proposition really, but then I haven't been on the water for at least 2 weeks. I'm currently planning on being down fri nite, with a LOT of gas for the heater!

justal - 23-11-2005 at 16:19

I will be here.... And if I feel any better than I do at the mo I shall be out playing too!

The wind has swung around to the NW already and the temp reached 8C at one point today.

See you at the weekend.

Al.

andy B - 23-11-2005 at 16:48

is borth going to work in a northerly gentelmen

mNeil - 23-11-2005 at 17:50

am up for a trip dying to get on the water after 3 weekends at home! bit worried about a huge dump of snow whist we are there and getting Norman back home through it, if it comes. will decide later in the week if i come for the weekend ;ie friday evening ,or just for the day on saturday with Col.
if we have huge dump of snow here might as well go snow kiting here! we will have to see.
need to get that board and boots up to you Chris and make sure they fit etc.
sorry to be so vague guys, got my dry suit to try out too! and my inflatable canoe!

leonardo - 23-11-2005 at 19:33

new kite only arrives mon/tues..so trip to borth not looking very promising..beer goggles sounding much more inviting

col123 - 23-11-2005 at 20:13

i'm looking on a late make my mind up time but heavy snow and that wind chill might be a no no, and ive got two more new toys to play with as well, off the week after though and with a price of £229.00 to eygpt i might just be tempted...

Spooker - 23-11-2005 at 20:57

Col,

where did you find that price for Egypt, and where to etc?? - I had pencilled in some leave for next week, but cancelled it coz of the weather.

mNeil - 24-11-2005 at 08:41

its the same trip we went on in feb Andy staying at captains etc.

CharlieR - 24-11-2005 at 12:05

What have you got to play with col? Are you still thinking about a hot trip next feb? A

Neil, where's good for snow kiting, been getting the snowboarding sorted recently and its the obvious next step . .

Hope the Borth crew are all well, I having to sample some south coast destinations at the mo. If anyone has any good beach suggestions in the south east, let me know . . .

carlessd - 25-11-2005 at 09:18

ok i think this threads go off on a tangent suprise suprise, so who is actually goin down this weekend

chris - 25-11-2005 at 09:29

beautiful morning but cold and snowy. may venture out for a session on the water. haven't been out for a while.
or may stay in and watch DVDs. the hills look like they have a bit of snow on them. aberdovey looks like it got more.

so who's gonna brave it if the wind picks up.

[Edited on 25-11-2005 by chris]

savage - 25-11-2005 at 11:24

So who is going to borth this saturday????

mNeil - 25-11-2005 at 11:37

ok AL / Chris; is there much snow on the roads and will i get over the hills with Norman? there needs to be deep snow on the hills for me to bring the snow board. is the wind looking too northerly for the water?
will make the final decision this evening.

justal - 25-11-2005 at 12:25

Some of the roads are quite bad, but the main raods should be OK... It is pretty warm and sunny here at the moment so the snow should melt quite quickly I would imagine.

There isn't really enough snow in the hills for snowboarding.

There is absolutely NO WIND AT ALL at the moment, and yes it is looking pretty Northerly for Saturday.

Will keep you updated if anything changes!

Al.

carlessd - 25-11-2005 at 13:50

well i'm comin down, will be there about 6ish tonight, if i can get through the snow, shem wont north be off shore mate, an what time is best for lagoons?

[Edited on 25-11-2005 by carlessd]

chris - 25-11-2005 at 15:25

neil still no wind. the snow is going. as al said not very deep. tried to sledge down the dunes this morning. a good northerly spot is llanrhystud (20 mins south borth). can park on the beach. may give it a go tomorrow.

chris - 25-11-2005 at 16:15

wind is picking up cold but not freezing

justal - 25-11-2005 at 16:29

10 knots Northerly now and threatening to snow / rain again!

Al.

Spooker - 25-11-2005 at 18:19

Decided to kick it into touch this weekend, instead I shall be folding my kites and packing my boardshorts and sunblock - this time next week I should be in deepest Egypt with Col, mmmmm - I can almost feel the heat

col123 - 25-11-2005 at 19:54

hey andy i'm doing my bikini line as we speak..mmmmmmmm warm water , sunshine and new toys.....its a tough job

Spooker - 25-11-2005 at 21:41

I'd like to state publicly,

at this time,

thats Cols bikini line is something of which I have absolutely no prior knowledge, nor wish to have in the future.

But his toys are another matter entirely.......

Encee - 26-11-2005 at 10:59

Neil - Interested to read that you've got an inflatable canoe I ordered one a while ago and it arrived yesterday. Itching to try it out. Paul B's had one for years.

Could be the answer to those windless waiting games at the coast.................

mNeil - 26-11-2005 at 16:08

yep the canoe looks great in the front room sevylor tahiti ranger. cant wait to get on the water in it when the sun is out, especially in france.