Board logo

Where are the massif going this W/E
andy B - 5-4-2006 at 18:03

where is everyone heading this w/e ? is the gate now locked ? do you have the answer Al

justal - 5-4-2006 at 18:39

I don't have the answer, but the barrier has been painted so I would guess they have put a new lock on the gate as well.

If I get time I'll stop tomorrow and take a look.

Al.

shem - 5-4-2006 at 19:55

Ive got the ANSWER, a 12 meter one in fact. looks sick, construction is like nothinh Ive seen before!! Gagin to get in on it tommorow hop fully!! Come on over to Aberdyfi for a change massive, park up in the bus car park opposite the garage. Next to public toilets, 1 min drive from the point, 3 min walk from the pub!!

MarkyP - 6-4-2006 at 07:18

Gents,

I'll be up this weekend as the Misses is away. Probably be over the Dyfi side all being well.

Shem see you on the water, I'll be scrounging a go on the"Answer" if I can prize it off ya.

Later

Mark

steveo - 6-4-2006 at 11:09

Might have a sail @ Dyfi this weekend, try out me new board, "Caution Hustla 135x47, A True Pie Man's Board, should be fun with a 11m Sonic in light winds.

leonardo - 6-4-2006 at 12:04

XCweather is now showing 17knts for Sat & Sun! I think i'm up for a change..perhaps dovey

Fat Shady - 6-4-2006 at 16:17

Either side sounds good to me

What are the chances of the massiff being able to park up at Ynislas (spelling :blush untill the car park gate is open again ?

My car can limbo under the barrier but we need to keep the massiff alive. Where are the big a** trucks going this weekend ?

[Edited on 6-4-2006 by Fat Shady]

andy B - 6-4-2006 at 17:13

so the answer really is blowing in the wind (litraly), yes i know i cant spell neither.
can we get away with an over night or two in the bus carpark

leonardo - 6-4-2006 at 17:49

looks like the camper crew r gonna have to roll into the estaury!

col123 - 6-4-2006 at 18:01

i'm off to a secret lagoon

Spooker - 6-4-2006 at 18:35

Or the camper crew can invest in a medium-high cab transit, which as well as being reliable, economical, commodious (relatively) and having butch good looks - fits snuggly under the barrier
Be a bit lonely on my own this weekend though, so Shem - is this the big, main carpark in Dyfi, and can we stay overnight??
Or is it the estuary and the boardwalk as in times of yore??

carlessd - 6-4-2006 at 18:49

well i'm deff goin dyfi side for fri, might stay over for sat, i guess it doesn't matter which side we go anymore, the walk is going to be just the same

i fancy some butter smooth lagoons too

justal - 6-4-2006 at 19:04

quote:
Originally posted by Spooker
Or the camper crew can invest in a medium-high cab transit, which as well as being reliable, economical, commodious (relatively) and having butch good looks - fits snuggly under the barrier
Be a bit lonely on my own this weekend though, so Shem - is this the big, main carpark in Dyfi, and can we stay overnight??
Or is it the estuary and the boardwalk as in times of yore??

Mine is a Semi-High top but won't fit under the barrier.. The barrier is 2.1m my transit is 2.35m

Just had a lovely session from the Lifeboat station though.

Al.

Spooker - 6-4-2006 at 19:33

Al - not sure why that is - maybe coz your's is a lwb? mine fits under with an inch or two to spare and its got nearly 2" of airvent on top of the roof?

Daz - I've got friday off so might go down for a sail in the afternoon and stay over for sat - I'll pm you my mobile no, gissa call and we can hook up for a nite on the tiles in dyfi

Kitefish - 6-4-2006 at 21:01

Hope the Massif has a top weekend depending on the side you go, me I'm bolting off to Turkey for a couple of weeks. I have even managed to sneak a kite and board into my 17m strike bag within weight, just got to chuck a few of Cath's clothes out of her bag and I will get me diving kit in too.

Hope there is some good news with regards to access to the Golf course car park for when I return. Have a massif Easter see yo dudes later

rob - 6-4-2006 at 21:08

i'm thinking of going out for a bit tomorrow morning/early afternoon, anybody around at the golf course? al?

jon d hat - 6-4-2006 at 21:20

I'm up for a sail on d Dyfi side but xc is showing NNW for sunday. Is that a slight off shore or cross shore for Dyfi and if so, does anyone know what time the lagoons appear this w/end?

Any answer yet on over night parking on the Dyfi side?

Will be good to gather the clan. Be there Fri night, mad for it!!!

shem - 6-4-2006 at 22:19

Just remember if your overnight camping at dyfi side, be descreate, ( not sure on spelling there)! I know quite a lot of people park opposite the garage, but I wouldnt let it turn into a mini festival!! Although it would be fun, ey!!

MarkyP - 7-4-2006 at 07:13

Gents,

I use the car park opposite the garage all the time throught the summer, but then it's usually just me n the misses in the T25.

Be great to stay there this weekend. Like Shem says though I think if too many vans turn up there will be tears.

I reckon anymore than four is pushing it. Perhaps if the numbers are more then that we should make a decision to use one of the large laybays upto towards Tywyn. Graveyard perhaps. Not so convinient but out of sight out of mind and ready rock n roll in the morning!

I'll be up Friday, so if you guys seea white T25 kicking about give me toot. Up for a pint or two in the evening

Later

Mark

justal - 7-4-2006 at 07:33

I shall be sticking with Borth. Wind looks OK for Saturday so should hopefully get out for a session at some point.

May get out this afternoon as well if the wind kicks in properly.

Al.

baileyman - 7-4-2006 at 11:01

I'm coming to Dyfi tomorrow - first outing since August bank holiday last year. Hopefully it wont be too windy for my 10m - still very much a learner !!

Not been to Dyfi side, what's the score on these lagoons and flat water - sounds right up my street - having real trouble in waves - so flat is ideal !!

Bringing the van too - so looks like it's gonna be a mini festival at this rate !! Where do I park up for the beach ?

Any info would be great.

Rich.

mNeil - 7-4-2006 at 14:46

the tides are neeps and so the estuary will be good for overnight parking; should be up tomorrow for the weekend,still sticking to the borth side though for the winds but will sail over for a blast if you are all over tother side.
Col presume you are going to that secret huge spot called red wharf bay and angelsey then...........you coud go out from benllech as the parking is just over the road with good toilets and a cafe! still nearly 170+ miles each way though!!!

mNeil - 7-4-2006 at 14:46

the tides are neeps and so the estuary will be good for overnight parking; should be up tomorrow for the weekend,still sticking to the borth side though for the winds but will sail over for a blast if you are all over tother side.
Col presume you are going to that secret huge spot called red wharf bay and angelsey then...........you coud go out from benllech as the parking is just over the road with good toilets and a cafe! still nearly 170+ miles each way though!!!

Fat Shady - 7-4-2006 at 15:34

I thought he meant that secret spot called broad waters ?

dunk - 7-4-2006 at 16:08

Secret spot for locals col, in Brum????????

andy B - 7-4-2006 at 17:03

going to the estury, i will stick like a sore thumb in dovey carpark cant do with the bother of poss being asked to leave, and wind is looking better for borth side sun. have fun dudes where ever you go

leonardo - 7-4-2006 at 19:11

have a good one dudes, i'm gonna get absolutely frigging pissed out of my brains cause I'M FINISHED EXAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS< br />

C U ALL EASTER

DA BOK

Fat Shady - 7-4-2006 at 19:54

Im heading for the Borth side on Saturday.
I hope to see you all, even if it is out on the water mid estuary

col123 - 7-4-2006 at 20:04

anglesey NO more secret than that..mmmmmmmmm new possible kite centre, land and water and not to far...only one million to find though to buy it.....

Fat Shady - 8-4-2006 at 06:07

Oh my god, he's going to buy Hydro Xtreme,

col123 - 9-4-2006 at 16:45

your joking..better than that

Spooker - 9-4-2006 at 17:57

Hey guys - we're going off thread here...

Wow - what a fantastic weekend for the Massif
Great day over on the Dyfi side saturday, my first sail over there - and I will be back! Good mixture of flat pools and small waves - and larger ones for the hardcore. Good company, and top weather, plenty of wind - and sun! almost like summer.
Then sunday back over to Ynyslas, for yet another fantastic day, sunny again and the wind! How about 30knots dropping to 10 in a few minutes, then 1/2 hour later - in seconds back up to a consistant 20-30 knots - awesome. Definitely one of the best weekends I can remember.
Moment of the weekend goes to Woosh - I passed him whilst maxed out on the OR1 12m - and somehow he was hanging onto his 16m whilst on his new pie-eaters board - repect!
Looking forwards to the summer - starting with next weekend

MarkyP - 10-4-2006 at 07:05

Andy,

Epic weekend agreed. Saturday was peachy, it doesn't get much better then that. Buttery lagoons and wasit high waves in the space of 20m, take your pick!

Sounds like Shem n I suffered the same sort of weather as the Massif on Sunday. Somewhere between 14-30 knots. A proper test of the Sonic. Proper maxed out. It all got a bit hairy for me at the 30 knot mark so I called it a day.

Anyway good to sail with the massif on Dyfi turf for a change. I'm staying in Aberystwyth over the Easter break, so will be popping down to sample the delights of Borth for a few days.

Catch the massif then.

Some more weekends like that are just what the Dr ordered.

Later

MP

baileyman - 10-4-2006 at 09:26

I'll second Spooker's comments

Top weekend, top company and more Max 'n Paddy van's than you could shake a stick at !!

They ought to lock us out the car park more often !!

See y'all next weekend.

andy B - 10-4-2006 at 19:58

Wooooooooooooooooooow what a weekend its monday night and iam still buzzing my tits off . i think the car park makes us lazy and if your lazy you miss out me thinks. now everyone start praying for da w/e.
see ya on da beach

justal - 10-4-2006 at 21:09

I think it was the sunshine... One of the best weekends we've had for a while... Lets hope we have a few more like that this year.

Al.