Board logo

propane gas cylinder
savage - 7-12-2006 at 12:28

Does anyone know if the texaco garage sevices near ynyslas sells the 907 gaz cylinders?
Or anywhere else to get one from?

darren byrne - 7-12-2006 at 12:42

Ben - I take it you have taken delivery of the van then?

mNeil - 7-12-2006 at 12:48

Ben the garage at furnace ( village with the water wheel) i know sells calor, its far cheaper and if you want an empty cylinder without paying for one ask Col, they get them at the firestation.

justal - 7-12-2006 at 12:52

What does a 907 cylinder look like? I have a couple of medium sized gas cylinders that I no longer need.... I shall take a look at the size of them later.

Al.

savage - 7-12-2006 at 12:59

yeah picking it up on friday, i think the bottles are about 300mm in height and 200mm diameter.

justal - 7-12-2006 at 13:11

I have a look at mine in a mo.... if this wind eases off, it is pretty silly out there at the moment!

Al.

Kitefish - 7-12-2006 at 22:37

Ben

They are are the same as mine (as I have borrowed the one from your van from it's previous kind owner) and I have seen them at that garage but not sure if he stocks them all the time. You can pick them up at two places on route though, Salop caravans at Emstrey, Shrewsbury thats by the second roundabout when you reach Shrewsbury on the A5 take first exit and you will see it on your right. There is also another Salop Caravans in Mach. When you enter Mach take 2nd left (signposted Clywedog) after 500m take a right into small Ind Est (BT exchange) Salop Caravans on you left (it is signposted from the main road in Mach). Will cost about £13 a refill, not cheap really. Worth getting a spare.

Happy Vanning

mNeil - 8-12-2006 at 08:40

would rec you look into calor Ben half the price of gaz
will be up with Col in the morning for the day

savage - 8-12-2006 at 13:31

once ive got an empty cylinder can i fill it with either? Neil, Which side are you going?

mNeil - 8-12-2006 at 14:19

we aregoing to borth
the containers are different and although Gaz are available throughout europe are far more expensive to buy a refill,,,,,,,,you dont refill these containers ,if you want refillable lyou have to get gas-low and of course they are initially more exoensive but you fill them yourself at the petrol/gas stations, you would be better off going down the calor gas route, you initially have to purchase a cylinder unless you get Col to get you one from the fire station, then just buy a refilled cylinder as and when

[Edited on 8/12/06 by mNeil]