Board logo

User manual wanted
kevin5969 - 24-7-2007 at 07:22

Hi all

Can any one help me out with finding a copy of a user manual for a Naish 16m X3. Have looked at the Naish site but can't find anything for older kites.

Thanks

Kev

gazxtreme - 27-7-2007 at 22:23

What exactly are you needing to know? I think I have a 16 ARX manual somewhere and I think the X3 was immediately after the ARX, it may have some relevent info?? not sure.

kevin5969 - 30-7-2007 at 09:30

Hi

I think the X3 is really a standard SLE in most respects, what I really wanted to see is what it said about using the inner/outer pigtails to tune power and turning.

Does the ARX have this set up?

Any inf much appreciated.

Thanks

dunk - 31-7-2007 at 09:44

Hi Kevin,

I use to fly a 16 m X3, and I once asked Leo the same question. He told me to fly off the front and the back pigtails.

I quess the forward front pigtails will give you more depower, and the rear back ones will give you faster turning. If its a smaller X3 you may want to slow it down a bit by useing the forward back pigtails.

Hope this helps

Dunk

kevin5969 - 31-7-2007 at 13:56

Thanks Dunk

It's a 16m so the same as your old one. How did you find the kite as a matter of interest?

Kev

dunk - 1-8-2007 at 16:15

Hey Kevin,

Yeah, I really liked the 16 X3, I swoped all my liktes at the time for a set of Ravens. I had a bit of a miss match at the time, and was really in two minds if I should change the 16. I opted to so all my kites would be similar.

Too be honest, I could of got a whole load more use out of the X3 in hind sight.

If I were you, I'd put a 5th line on it though.

Enjoy

Dunk

kiteboardingcrazy - 1-8-2007 at 21:59

think ive got a old manual in my loft will have a look for you tommorrow

gazxtreme - 4-8-2007 at 21:58

Hi, sorry for the delay, I reckon Dunk has nailed it really,excactly as he said, don't expect super fast turning from the kite compared to modern kites. I think a lot of manufacturers used the multi-pigtail thing early on and some still do but probably never get moved from the factory settings, always worth playing with though.