Board logo

U2U
Hans@BW - 22-7-2004 at 10:47

Al,

I cannot get to see my U2Us, a separate page comes up then nothing happens.

Help,

Hans.

justal - 22-7-2004 at 17:49

How peculiar.... Mine seems to be working OK... Is anyone else having problems??

Al.

Hans@BW - 22-7-2004 at 20:55

I've still got the same problem - and I notice that I have one from you Al - so I kind a wanted to have a look. Can you help or just send me an email with the content of the U2U.

Cheers

Hans.

justal - 22-7-2004 at 21:44

Weird!... So you get to the u2u page and can see the u2u inbox, but can't click on any of them right??

I've had a look through my outbox and can't find any u2u that I've sent you that you haven't already read, so it sounds as though your browser is once again loading a cahced page for the u2u inbox.... Then, when you try to select a u2u message, it has already been read and deleted so no longer exists which probably confuses the php server as you are asking it to display something that no longer exists!... Just a guess.

Try deleting your browsers cache and see if that helps.

Al.

justal - 22-7-2004 at 21:44

BTW...what browser are you using??

Al.

kelvin - 23-7-2004 at 08:21

hans i sent i u2u yesterday ,whats your e mail address , all thats on your profile is web address for the ROBIN SHOP .
ha,ha

Hans@BW - 26-7-2004 at 05:55

Kelvin,

LOL..!!! you are a one

My email is mark_hammnond@tiscali.co.uk

Cheers,

Hans@BW - 26-7-2004 at 05:56

Kelvin,

Finger problems....it's actually

mark_hammond@tiscali.co.uk

Soz

Hans@BW - 26-7-2004 at 06:04

Al,

I am using IE 6.0.2600....

I having a similiar problem with another site where a link is opening another page. I cannot see any of the content for the page that is being opened. As usual I think it is clearly my machine... must get a newer one soon. I am getting an update from the Microsoft site - maybe this will help???

Hans.

justal - 26-7-2004 at 06:18

'Microsoft' and 'help' in the same sentence.... You have more faith than I do!!

It could be something to do with your browser or a browser plug-in being a little over-zealous at blocking pop-ups I guess??

Al.

kelvin - 27-7-2004 at 15:00

try mozilla its far better the mscrap explorer , its free to download and use .

rob - 27-7-2004 at 16:40

yeah mozilla firefox is much quicker than ie.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

justal - 27-7-2004 at 17:38

And firefox os what I use too... Although I do test everthing in IE, Netscape, Opera, iCab, Camino, Omniweb and Safari too.

Al.

rob - 27-7-2004 at 18:05

and do you think firefox is still the best out of those you test FON in? so far so good with firefox... i only swapped over a couple of weeks ago.

justal - 27-7-2004 at 20:15

Yeah, thats what I use as my 'standard' browser. I like the tabbed browsing, and the speed of it. It also renders pretty much every site OK. Although it's still worth keeping a copy of IE handy as some web-developers only build sites with that browser in mind...tch tch tch!...

Not that I've had to resort to Microsoft yet.

Al.

rob - 27-7-2004 at 21:21

yeh i noticed flash plug ins and various java applets run much smoother. all good stuff.