Board logo

Deleting Toys
SeanBo - 31-8-2004 at 13:33

Seem to have enetered two kites when I only have one. Can't work out how to delete it now. Have currently set it to 'previously owned and deleted all the words.
Any chance of a delete button/function for us muppets who don't get it right?

justal - 31-8-2004 at 15:53

It's not that straight forward..... because, if in the future you deleted a toy that you used to own, then it wouldn't show up as one of the toys that you used in a diary entry (if that makes sense)... Although I guess I could add an extra column to the database and then make a 'delete' function that doesn't actually delete the toy from the Database but just marks it as deleted... That way it would still exist in the database and therefore the details of it would show up on old diary entries, but you wouldn't actually 'see' it in your toybox..... (Have I confused you yet?)

A job for when the night draw in I guess!

For now, I'll get rid of the incorrect entry for you Sean!

Al.

justal - 31-8-2004 at 16:02

There you go, it's been deleted, and while I was in the database I came up with a slightly more elegant way of making a toy listing appear to have been deleted while it still remains in the database... Who knows, I might get around to building that into the toybox section before the winter!!

Al.

SeanBo - 31-8-2004 at 22:17

Thanks!
I will try not to be so stupid in future!

justal - 25-9-2004 at 11:20

There you go, you can now 'delete' toys from your toyboxes. The record isn't actually deleted as it needs to be left in the database so that it will display properly against diary entries, but it won't show up in your toybox.

Al.