Board logo

More new toys
justal - 10-9-2004 at 16:27

I've just taken delivery of more new toys

Gun replaced the mast that I snapped under its warranty, and allowed me to upgrade it from a SDM 75% carbon mast to an RDM 100% carbon model... I know its only a 4m long pole, but its does look pretty nice. When I snapped the mast, it also ripped the luff tube on my 5m Impact Wave sail which Gun also repaired for me under the warranty.

I also got myself a nice new Teknosport wave boom which fits both RDM and SDM masts and has a good looking adjustment system. A new extension for the RDM mast, a new mast base and some harness lines.... The 6.3m sail will follow w=once they have one in stock... I do like new toys!

Al.

griptool - 10-9-2004 at 19:10

Those guys at gun seem to treat you right Al

Christmas come early again for me too

New power xt and used rrd freewave medium, they are a present to myself for missing a great summer - - I think I deserve it.

Sunday looks like the day to make my return to action
joy

justal - 10-9-2004 at 19:55

Yeah, they seem too... I do spend a fair amount there mind. I'll let you know how the kit performs as soon as I've used it. The boom (RRP £99) looks like a nice piece of kit though... whoever Teknosport are!

I take it your achilles tendon has healed (heeled!) then.

Al.

griptool - 10-9-2004 at 21:12

I think its fine Al, physio said to wait till october

what does she know.

justal - 10-9-2004 at 21:18

Hopefully you'll be OK as long as you don't go too mad... Don't let the good conditions and new toys go to your head and spend too long on the water...

A nice leisurely start around 8am should be fine as long as you are off the water before dark!!!

Nah, take it easy you wouldn't want to be off the water for another couple of months.

Al.

griptool - 10-9-2004 at 21:27

Thanks for the kind words, fingers crossed

If it does go tits up my wife will kill me anyway

justal - 10-9-2004 at 21:42

If that happens can I have the RRD!!

Al.

griptool - 11-9-2004 at 06:42

You sure can, I expect mrs griptool will have hacked to pieces with a meat cleaver though -- should make it easier to post

justal - 13-9-2004 at 06:17

I tired out all the new kit yesterday. RDM mast felt nice, as did the boom and it was nice to have an extension with a new cleat that doesn't slip whilst rigging... It makes life so much easier. Everything went together well and seemed to preform OK, although the conditions were pretty mad with no time to relax and therefore no time to concentrate on what the kit really felt like.

Al.