Board logo

Summer days and light wind
justal - 9-8-2005 at 18:24

What a lovely day today was, shame there wasn't any wind so I decided to go for a walk with Anna and Morgan instead... I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I got to the estuary and saw a few people balsting around windsurfing.. OK, they were on pretty big kit, but there couldn't have been any more than 6 knots and they were flying along, fully powered up and planing!!

Too many light wind days like this and I could see my bank balance taking a bit of a battering!!

Al.

chris - 9-8-2005 at 20:31

Al,

i saw him to. and a kiter out in what fely like a few knots. the windsurfer was planing quite nicely.

justal - 9-8-2005 at 21:02

When I was there, there was about 4 windsurfers out, but no kiters. One of the windsurfers was tanking along.. Maybe he had a secret outboard somewhere as there was hardly any wind.

Al.

leonardo - 10-8-2005 at 06:23

current?

justal - 10-8-2005 at 06:52

Nah, it was pretty much low tide so there wasn't much current and they were going just as well in both directions.... They guy going best did have a huge (probably 10-12m) sail and a big board... I guess with that sort of kit you can get planing in 5-6 knots!! It ain't cheap though, and I'd rather save my money and wait for it to be properly windy!.

Al.

chris - 10-8-2005 at 08:08

i think the kiter was under 7 stone and on a windsurfing board

lovin the sun

the wind will be here in the winter

Wes - 10-8-2005 at 11:11

Yep, formula boards.

makes you sick doen't it?

Until the wind actually blows....

AndyW - 10-8-2005 at 11:53

Hey Al,

What I can't understand is how did he manage to get a formula board going in the estuary at low tide, those things have 70cm fins ;-)

justal - 10-8-2005 at 13:54

He was in the main channel in front of Aberdovey... Its pretty deep there.

Al.