Board logo

Windsurfing @ Amroth
Hans@BW - 20-4-2006 at 21:40

Had a guy in the shop the other day, extolling the virtues of this place anyone been there... any advice... ???

Cheers,

Hans.

justal - 20-4-2006 at 21:41

http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/dbdriven/beachguide/beachguide.php?action=display_location&loc_id=49

But I guess you already looked there??

Al.

Hans@BW - 20-4-2006 at 21:46

Ta Al,

I checked on the beach guide first off... wanted to know if it's good for me and the misses' really, she's kinda intermediate advanced I guess...

justal - 21-4-2006 at 05:58

I should think it would be fine for her in that case, and it would be a good base for quite a few other good beaches in the area.

Al.

kelvin - 22-4-2006 at 11:31

only guy I know who sails that way is Northy ,
think hers a member in here some where?

kelvin - 22-4-2006 at 11:33

try mailing him
steve.north@evolving.com

Hans@BW - 25-4-2006 at 20:41

Cheers!

I'll email him!

ste - 26-4-2006 at 12:48

Hi

Havent checked in for a while...only to see a question about my very nearest beach!

(im also Northy by the way as per Kels site)

Amroth faces near due south, so cross shore in E and West. If there is a big swell running it can have good waves but not good at high tide as its up on the groynes/wall.

Habe been there quite a few times and also along with Pendine thats next door, but has such a Huuuuge tide that its only worth going there on a mid-high tide.

Has lots of potential but never realy caught it at its optimum ie have sailed there is mush and been on the beach when there has been no wind but nice lines but never the two!

FYI - Main South pembs beach's are:
Fresh west in a approx NW - N - NE or SE-S
Tby in SW or SE east
Amroth in SW, W, E, SE - any north in it is rubbish
Pdine in in SW, W, E, SE - any north in it is rubbish

Then of course there is Ngale and BHaven north of Haverfordwest

hope that helps
Ste / Northy

[Edited on 26-4-2006 by ste]

ste - 26-4-2006 at 12:59

By the way...who was it that came into the shop? Some big bloke with a brummie accent??