Board logo

Old Windsurf part needed can anyone help?
yrros - 24-5-2007 at 12:05

HI there, i am new to windsurfing and i got a board sail etc for very little, keen to try it out but i need the bit which joins the board to the mast.

The board is a 'highfly 330 fx' i cant find any reference to them online at all so its real old.

Any one got any ideas?

Many thanks

Anthony

www.westwaleskayaking.co.uk

justal - 24-5-2007 at 12:55

Can you post a photo of the mast track on the board?... (The bit that the mast will attach to on the board.)

Some older boards had proprietory fittings and you will need a particular deck plate to fit it... More modern boards (including my Hifly 265 RX which will be a similar age to your Hifly) has a simple fin box style mast track into which any standard deck plate will fit.

Al.

Angusj - 9-6-2007 at 09:45

I had the same problem with an ancient board a few years ago. I think I called a place called Dave Knoble watersports or something like that. They built a new mast foot from old parts they had..

Angus

force7 - 14-6-2007 at 14:53

There are two different tracks used on that board depending on age, I am sure if you send a picture to Dave Nobles they will be able to help you. Their e-mail is info@nobleboards.co.uk

adam - 11-7-2007 at 17:57

If you're still looking and it isn't a std base try Boardwise as they have an unbelievable amount of gear inc old parts (unless they've had a clearout since I was last there!)