Board logo

Gun Boards
justal - 25-12-2003 at 22:23

Has anyone had chance to try out any of the Gun Boards yet??

I'm going to need a replacement for my Cross 100 soon and like the look of the Gun Flame... Well, like the price of it as much as anything else!

ajdesq was in Blue Chip the other day and said they looked good... Any more specific details Andy??

I quite like the look of the wave board (Fire) as well!!

Better start saving those pennies.

Al.

ajdesq - 26-12-2003 at 16:32

I was impressed with their resilience when Blue Chip showed me all the cross-section cut-outs. APPARENTLY, they're bringing out a 95l 'one board does all' and supplying it with 3 fins. The chappy in the shop is going to be testing it down at Pagham once Spring is upon us. Guess we'd better keep our eyes on the Gun Website.

liam - 14-1-2004 at 18:34

i remember when copello boards were very expensive - back in the days of the first sputnik 270. is it the same guy designing them???

justal - 15-1-2004 at 07:17

Liam... As far as I know, it is still Marco himself (Marco Copello) designing and shaping the boards himself. I don't know where they are made, but probably in the Cobra factory like all other boards.

Gun have a few new boards in their range this year, but they aren't as cheap anymore (RRP is £710).

http://www.gunsails.co.uk/en/boards.htm

Al.

liam - 15-1-2004 at 17:09

is the cobra factory where the old cobra boards used tio come from - as far as i can remember they were pants

justal - 15-1-2004 at 21:04

I'm not sure about that, but its the place where every board is made these days. As far as I know all the major manufacturers boards are made there, F2, Fanatic, Bic, Mistral... All of them!

Al.

adrian_janssen - 16-1-2004 at 13:50

AHD is one of the very few that has its own factory. I think its the only 'mainstream' brand that has its own factory still.

bphiett - 16-1-2004 at 17:02

the 2004 gun boards don;t look half as good as the 2003 ones. I liked those flames all over the place.

Maybe try and pick up a 2nd hand 2003 model - should be even cheaper again.

(don't think anyone in their right mind should buy a board from new anyway)