Board logo

Snowboarding in June??
Jonny - 28-5-2005 at 05:38

Woohooo!!
Just splashed out all my hard earned savings and bought all my snowboarding gear as well as a decent pair of second hand skis. Jus gotta wait for the snow now! The nearby ski fields are scheduled to open in 2 weeks time but its not lookin too good as its so damn mild (10C today) and we've not had a decent snowfall yet.

Jonny

bucski - 28-5-2005 at 06:41

I remember havin a similar prob when i boarded over there on the south island. Mount Hutt had the best snow up nearer christchurch, but then queenstown got a dump and we headed down there, oh and don't forget to do the bungy on the bridge in the way into queenstown, excellent stuff.

Jonny - 29-5-2005 at 10:19

Well - I spoke too soon. Theres been a fair bit of snowfall on the very high ground last night and today. Just hope we get another few dumps and it should be sweet for 2 weeks time.
Im living in the bungy capital of the world and ive not even done a bungy here yet but thats down to a lack of funds. Dont think i'l do the Kawarau bridge jump like u said. I'l do the Nevis which is 131 metres as well as the other thousands of extreme activities you can do here when I get some coin saved up again.