Board logo

anyone out on the snowkiting scene this weekend?
mNeil - 7-1-2010 at 15:00

snow should be around and so should the wind. any ideas?

Kitefish - 7-1-2010 at 19:24

sounds great but need a snowboard

Did think about buying one but I feel the snow will be gone and nevr return by the time I get it.

bucski - 7-1-2010 at 20:37

I'll be up for a sesh on sunday on the long mynd if theres any wind, bbc forecast saying 14mph ENE, only 7 on Saturday, so Sunday may well be a goer.

Kitefish, I've got a spare snowboard I can lend you but I haven't got any bindings with it, if you can blag some bindings of someone you're sorted, Neil have you got any spare bindings? - Oh and I've got some spare snowboard boots if you need them, size 10s

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by bucski]

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by bucski]

Dandine - 7-1-2010 at 23:48

Up for snow kiting. bought snowboard yesterday and been having fun. Where to go????

mNeil - 8-1-2010 at 10:21

got some old bindings up the loft.
if we do go up the mynd its west facing and might not be much good in ene. is there not someplace closer to the main roads only need a big field. awill poss try aldridge airport saturday; now just a huge field full of football pitches, where i had the best snowkiting ever last year.

col123 - 8-1-2010 at 11:08

i might be up for aldridge on sunday...if there's wind i might play

[Edited on 8-1-2010 by col123]

bucski - 8-1-2010 at 12:12

Long Mynd is pretty flat on the top, so would have thought it would be good in any direction, plus its high up so should be windier up there. No?

mNeil - 8-1-2010 at 12:50

wind showing NNE all weekend in the mid teens mph. going to look at aldridge tomorrow will post if there is enough snow etc. spoke to Dan today and he says there is up to 3foot of snow on the malverns; NNE not a good direction for there.
there are some areas around bar beacon that will be bang on in the northerly.

bucski - 8-1-2010 at 12:58

I'm going to hike up the Lawley (opposite long mynd) after school today and board down, so will post on snow conditions up there.

mNeil - 8-1-2010 at 14:10

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all that wailking!!!!

justal - 8-1-2010 at 15:24

Just got back from playing in the snow at Nant yr Arian. At least a foot deep everywhere, but waist deep in the drifts... Lovely!

Al.

Kitefish - 8-1-2010 at 17:42

oh I have been missing things here someones got and board and boots my size just need the bindings.. sounds great just need to get you all in the same place at the same time Let me know Neil if you do come this way.

Tim do you want to sell your board and boots give us a call.

bucski - 8-1-2010 at 19:21

Report on conditions on Lawley this eve. Hiked up (lots of horrible walking i'm afraid Neil) Lots of powder at the top, 3ft in places got a nice powder run all the way down the ridge, there were also a couple of skiers up there. Definitely going to head up the Long Mynd on Sunday for a spot of snowkiting if anyone fancies joining me.

Chris, will quite happily sell you my old board and boots. Can pop round to yours or you can come here.

mNeil - 9-1-2010 at 17:25

just returned from a good session at the airport; wind a bit up and down at times but i think we all enjoyed the fun. Dandine, Rich bailey, graham and myself.
more wind tomorrow so will be up there after lunch.

Dandine - 9-1-2010 at 21:53

Ideal neil. Wii be up around lunch. Great day))))

mNeil - 10-1-2010 at 16:45

oh dear what happened to the wind!!!!!!!!!!
when we arrived about 1 ish it looked good but then came the mist and the wind went horrible and gusty and went!!!!
well met up with some of the Massif and got well and truly knackered.all that walking..DONT DO THAT!!!!!!!

bucski - 10-1-2010 at 17:57

Well there was heaps of wind up the long mynd, 17 knots or so, but way too much bracken which spoilt it.
Pain of a walk up to the top, big drifts, some as deep as me.
Got the kite launched at the top and all went well for around 50 yds as I shot up hill on a path, then got lofted a couple of times, then hit the bracken. Lots of snow but very light and the front of the board kept catching the bracken, which was a pain, gave up after a while and then boarded down the burway which was like a long, narrow blue run.

Kitefish - 10-1-2010 at 18:54

Cheers Tim and Neil you got me sorted now have board, boots and bindings. Good to get on the Brum manor shame we did not have much wind but got a couple of runs in so pretty chuffed

Although typical now I'm sorted the snow is going fast here in the Shire.

Dandine - 10-1-2010 at 19:48

Good to see u chris & col. Shame the wind did not want to play. Got in nearley 4 hours over the whole weekend so happy. Will the snow hold til tuesday, fingers crossed

col123 - 10-1-2010 at 21:40

dan you reminded me of your days on the water..

you couldn't stay upwind then either!!!!

col123 - 10-1-2010 at 21:41

dan you reminded me of your days on the water..

you couldn't stay upwind then either!!!!

oh yea about time you got a proper kite, was that a 12m you were on whilst poor slight me on a 10

Dandine - 10-1-2010 at 22:10

Did I not see you do the walk of shame twice. Being heavier it just takes you longer to get there your bollocks get cold on the toilet?

mNeil - 11-1-2010 at 12:03

had about 2cm dropped last night, temp still holding at about 0C so you might be in luck Dan wind showing strong at ESE last year it was the same direction and so much cleaner, drop me a txt if you go up and i might get over after work.. weather forcast saying that we might have a good dump on wednesday.

bucski - 11-1-2010 at 12:46

Theres a big sports field near here that I'm going to have a look at tomorrow after work. Fair bit of wind forecast so it might be a goer, fingers crossed.

col123 - 12-1-2010 at 20:05

they'll probably be snow around this weekend Wales way anyhow..

My daughter, Jade, drove back to aberystwyth today and was going fine until the hilly bit just past red kite cafe when she had to wait for the snow ploughs to clear the rd as the lorries couldn't make it up the hills,

12inches of drift snow across rds, and she said people were skiing/ boarding in the local hills near to rds..

i'm off out tomorrow over clent hills for a laugh

dunk - 13-1-2010 at 15:50

Mike, Derrick,Garreth and Myself were up near the Red kite Cafe on Sunday.

A great day followed by a beer in the Druid afterwards.

[Edited on 14-1-2010 by dunk]