Board logo

country dweller - 11-7-2006 at 11:25

hey guys, im looking at getting into kitesurfing, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, how much should i be spending on my first set-up? should i try and get lessons? if so do you know where i could get them in south Wales?

Cheers

mNeil - 11-7-2006 at 11:48

have a look on the BKSA site for schools in your area
www.kitesurfing.org

Pluto - 11-7-2006 at 21:08

Or come to mid Wales instead! Better still, come to Egypt with me later in the year. Details to follow......

Oh yes, definately get lessons. Call me if you want any independant advice or assistance.

shem - 11-7-2006 at 21:38

Neil, how dare you promote the money grabbing BKSA!!!!! For south wales lessons get in touch with RUSH EXTREME, theyre sound guys.

Defo have lessons, safer and quicker. A decent set up will cost you around agrand new, if you go for a bow kite.

mNeil - 12-7-2006 at 17:04

sorry Shem was only pointing him towards a list of schools;
bksa are not necessarily money grabing, they have created for themselves an income in the first place and must therefore keep re inventing ways of perpetuating that income. if any one is daft enough to contribute towards their income thats their look out! i personally will not and i know that you wont either, however you have to admire initiative!