Board logo

VW Van details
SeanBo - 6-2-2005 at 20:59

Now that we have a youngster to look after I think I have to bite the bullet and get some form of campavan (ok so I am going soft and am hankering after some shelter when I am changing, especially on those cold winter days!!!).

Thigs is there are two problems;-

1) Very limited parking at home

2) No cash.

I thought I could resolve the cash issue by buying a (very) old VW and running it on fumes where possible. As I live close to the sea it will not be covering many miles and I have AA cover and a car well capable of towing it home if required.

So that leaves me with parking. Ironically I have a garage that I could use....but I am not sure if it would go in. The roof is pitched so not a problem, but the door is a standard 'modern house' style garage door and looks mitey small.

To add to my dilema, I would love a van with a pop-top (is that the right expression?). Anyone with a VW van (hard top or otherwise) that could comment or could post dimensions??????

PS - before you all get excited, I really don't have much cash so don't go offering me your van unless you are willing to sell for a couple of old buttons and apiece of lint (i have yet to advertice some stuff on e-bay to raise the funds)

Ta

col123 - 15-2-2005 at 19:42

i used to have a non-pop top vw bay window and it would fit in my garage, but dont know about size of modern rabbit hutch houses