Board logo

Borth / Dyfi beach guide on BoardSeeker Mag
AndyW - 25-10-2006 at 14:58

Borth / dyfi is this months beach guide entry on BoardSeeker. See:
http://www.boardseekermag.com/beachseeker/dyfi_borth/dyfi_estuary_borth.htm

No mention of Ivor and apparently NE is not good?

shem - 25-10-2006 at 15:17

Hhmmm. Estuary safe place to learn at high tide!!!!!!! I dont think so. Not ynless you want to get wrapped around a mooring!!!! Im sure the local harbour authorities would love that hey!! Ill be getting in touch with board seeker.

justal - 25-10-2006 at 15:28

I like their spelling of Aberystwyth too! I wish these people would contact some loals before writing such things, I can't believe they've said it is no good in a NE... It's probably one of the windiest places in the country in a NE, and having just been out there all day sailing in perfect conditions in a NE just makes me laugh!!

They could have at least linked to Forces-of-Nature too!

Al.

shem - 25-10-2006 at 15:31

Al, Ive just e mailed them, might be worth you doing so as well. Aberdyfi RNLI gets so many shouts because of learner windsurfers getting dragged over the bar after sailing at high tide.

Jonny - 25-10-2006 at 23:04

And on there little map of the local area. They've indicated Clarach which it isn't - It's just the South end of Borth. That is being seriously picky though.

justal - 26-10-2006 at 06:17

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
And on there little map of the local area. They've indicated Clarach which it isn't - It's just the South end of Borth. That is being seriously picky though.

It's not being picky, Clarach is miles from there with a couple of beaches (Aberwennol and Wallog) between it and Borth.

Al.

ajdesq - 29-10-2006 at 09:47

Hmm... just checked out my local area and can only see Hythe listed. I love the bit about the 'Really friendly' sailing club. I joined for a year once. I was humiliated when partaking of the free training (which is a total no-no both morally and professionally) and I found it the most unfriendly place EVER. All cliques... and if I attempted to chat to someone, I was again made to feel like a weirdo. Maybe I am, but let's just say I never renewed my membership.
Think I'll stick to f-o-n for accuracy and a better class of person