Board logo

Wind for the weekend
justal - 14-8-2008 at 15:28

Not looking great for the weekend at the moment... Although Monday and Tuesday look good.

What's everyone up to? I shall try to get out on my bike for a ride one day, anyone else fancy a ride?

Al.

Fart Boy - 14-8-2008 at 19:06

Earning points this weekend. A deck to finsih and some slabs. Plus anything else that she can dream up.

justal - 15-8-2008 at 11:00

Wind looks a little more promising now for the weekend. Lots of rain too though.

Could be some good surf on Monday as well.

Al.

shem - 16-8-2008 at 12:29

Just had a epic super powered sesh on the 11m in perfect dyfi lagoons, sweet!

russ - 16-8-2008 at 19:30

out on my 7m today and powered in aberdovey

shem - 16-8-2008 at 23:19

Russ where u out when I was, was on a 11 meter Mayhem, wearing a baseball style helmet? WHat a epic day down there!!!

justal - 17-8-2008 at 09:27

Perfect over here too.... some nice waves, head high at times and a decent 25-40 knots cross-offshore wind meant it was perfect down-the-line wave sailing conditions.

Not often we get that but when we do I love it and just can't get enough of riding the waves fully powered with a 5m sail... Nice.

Al.

alexhoye - 17-8-2008 at 11:23

Damn, boys, I just got back from Hatteras, self-proclaimed kitesurf capital of the East Coast of the US, and we struggled to get more than 15... sounds like this was a helluva weekend here.

I'm new to the game, bought a 15 and an 11 - sounds like the winds here warrant something a little smaller as well... I live in London - sounds like I need to head north to get to the fun stuff.

One naive question - I assume around here it's wetsuit all year?

Alex

danh - 17-8-2008 at 12:48

Yeah you'll probably want sometthing smaller to go with your current set up. Full wetsuit is what most go with, the shorties come out for a brief moment should a nice day arise this time of year. If your planning to go out in the winter you'll probably want a winter suit or i've recently converted to the wimpy side and invested in a drysuit for the winter.