Board logo

Here Comes Ivor
justal - 18-4-2009 at 05:31

Looks as though it could be a good morning in the estuary at Ynyslas this morning...

The sun is just rising and Ivor could make an appearance. Forecast is only around 8 knots NE but hopefully the katabatic effect will imprve on that and provide enough for a windsurf session.

It is working at the mo... Currently around 16 knots, gusting to 20. Hopefully it'll pick up a little more over the next hour or so and I'll be able to get out after the Grand Prix qualifying.. Fingers crossed.

If not then a MTB ride in the hills is called for.

Al.

shem - 18-4-2009 at 07:22

oh no,planning a huge mtb sesh but now windy and sunny, hhmmmm......

justal - 18-4-2009 at 12:12

Was excellent in the estuary. Solid 25 knots and wall to wall sunshine.

Impi and I had a great session. Sailed across to Aberdovey for a while to play on the chop and had some blasts down the speed channel.

Nice one Ivor!

Out for a bike ride now.

Al.

T217 - 18-4-2009 at 21:08

Had a great kite (whilst it lasted) later in the afternoon (followed by a swim), and intrigued by the local wind effect!

You guys obviously got out early, but what tide is best here? Can't believe its taken me 20 years to find a Easterly spot!

shem - 19-4-2009 at 10:10

high tide is best, simply becasue you have the whole estuary to play with, ideal the tide pushing in so the wind is against tide.

justal - 19-4-2009 at 17:41

Had another good one this morning.. 18-22 knots most of the time and lots of sunshine once again... Perfect.

Al.

Fart Boy - 19-4-2009 at 18:23

Yep was worth the gamble. A few of us went out about 7am saturday and enjoyed the wind for most of the day. Sunday was around 8am but only lasted to around 11. Both great days.