Board logo

Wind for Saturday
justal - 28-9-2009 at 13:58

I know its a long way off, but it looks as though there could be some wind for Saturday.

About time too.

Anyone coming to Borth for a windsurf session?

Al.

Spooker - 28-9-2009 at 17:05

Thats the kiss of death for next weekend then Al - now you've let the cat out of the bag

justal - 28-9-2009 at 18:14

I take it all back in that case!

Al.

shem - 28-9-2009 at 18:50

sum windos would be good. My kites have cob webs!

mNeil - 28-9-2009 at 21:37

i saw it earlier and now it looks even better ,just maybe i might get out on my new kites, but shushhhh keep it quiet

crezzee - 28-9-2009 at 22:05

You need to head up to BRS this weekend guys, its vansurf. 45 vans booked plus more on the day. Demo kites and boards, 2 Ocean rodeo surfboards in the raffle Flexifoil team rider, live band and yes the wind is booked.

Still some places on the campsite if your quick.

www.vansurf.co.uk

shem - 29-9-2009 at 06:59

thanks for the reminder, Id forgoten about that. I wont stay for the weekend, but may pop up anyway. (altho I need to get some one to cover lessons for me)

badexcuseforasailor - 29-9-2009 at 09:14

Its sure to be windy this weekend as Im in wales but can't mountain bike or sail - got a christening to attend my own I guess I can't get out of it
Im the god father but I have never been christened so Im getting done at the same time

Good chance of wind next week too as on Monday Im heading north upto jockland for 6 days riding on the 7stanes

Graham - 29-9-2009 at 09:47

BRS for me, gunna have a look at Vansurf

col123 - 29-9-2009 at 11:04

38mph for BRS and a good direction to, i'm supposed to be working but i might take the day off. staffing permitting of course...

Just think of all those Pot noodle sales that'll take place this weekend as, it's too windy for most..

looks like Me, Shem and neil will have the place to ourselves

might borth it dunno yet.

itching to use the wainman kites, and blunt boards

[Edited on 29-9-2009 by col123]

bucski - 29-9-2009 at 14:54

I'll head up to BRS sunday if there's wind, lots of vans to ogle at, should be good.

justal - 29-9-2009 at 15:09

Looking even better now.. Lets hope the forecast stay that way.

A nice solid 30 knots would do me fine thanks very much!

Al.

Spooker - 29-9-2009 at 16:54

What site are you using Col? Everywhere I look it says W in the morning moving round to WNW - which is cross off at BRS.

Anyway Borth is cracking in a Westerley so I'm heading there, in fact Friday afternoon is looking increasingly good too, so maybe down early to greet Andy and Cath - looks like they're bringing the wind back with them!

mNeil - 29-9-2009 at 18:37

i concur with the Spooks Col! you know as he gets that little bit OLDER he gets that LITTLE BIT wiser!!!!!

col123 - 29-9-2009 at 21:13

yea true oh wise one's, if you can muster up 25mph plus for sunday at least i'll come and play.....

hope the forecast holds

shem - 29-9-2009 at 21:49

fingers xed for saturday then, 9 meter at the ready

Graham - 30-9-2009 at 09:41

Looks WSW on Saturday to me at the mo, think I'll wait till Friday before making a choice between BRS or Borth

[Edited on 30-9-2009 by Graham]

Loxley - 30-9-2009 at 16:33

The tides are quite favourable as well with high tide first thing in the morning, running out from 10am till 4pm and a big tide difference as well this weekend too.

Windguru is showing more wind at Rhossi, especially on the Sunday, so may go there as I will have to sort the boat out for the winter before long anyway.

Either way, looking like a spot on couple of days.

andy B - 30-9-2009 at 18:44

yeeeeee Hha !!!!! not kited for about a week now so getting a tad restless. spooks i will bring loads of wind. oh ye hello, we are back looking forward to borth SSSSsooooo much will be up fri eveniing

bucski - 30-9-2009 at 19:40

Back from living in France eh Andy, are you totally black now? When you've got your wetsuit on we won't be able to tell where it stops and you start!

And you lot are only staying in Borth cause you have big boring vans and are jealous of the cool vansurf thing, perhaps you could do a bigboringvansurf?

Blaschito - 30-9-2009 at 22:39

Hi lads. I left some post sime time ago. I just moved in Aberystwyth. I also saw the weather forecast for saturday
I just want to know if there is anyone who's going out kitesurfing in Aberystwyth.
And also i was told in the other post that Borth is a good place for going out.
I just read about BRS. What is it?
Would you guys please give me some detail of where you'll be going out this saturday as i am on my own and i do not know the place very well. If i have to come to borth i will get a train. Appriciate any kind of help!! please let me know something!!!

justal - 1-10-2009 at 04:33

Hi Blaschito,
I'd imagine that most people who will be kitesurfing around here will be going out from Borth. BRS is Black Rock Sands, in North Wales... If you can't get as far north as Borth then you'll have troubel getting to BRS!

Do your best to get out to Borth / Ynyslas, I'm sure there will be plenty of people kitesurfing there.

Al.

mNeil - 1-10-2009 at 14:14

"And you lot are only staying in Borth cause you have big boring vans and are jealous of the cool vansurf thing, perhaps you could do a bigboringvansurf?"

dear Tim, wont go on about the many times you have spent happily sat in our big warm vans drinking beer/water etc and partaking in pleasant conversations of an evening up and down the UK and abroad; how unkind.....................hate to think what Ren will say!
more likely to be a better well at borth with an onshore wind!!!

[Edited on 1/10/09 by mNeil]

col123 - 1-10-2009 at 15:56

have tony as a bouncer on your door neil and don't let him in

Blaschito - 1-10-2009 at 17:18

Hi Justal tanks for your help. I will get a train on saturday in the early morning and i will come to borth...anyway i've seen on the map that ynyslas is not that far away from borth , and in case there is no one in borth, afterward i'll come up by train to Ynyslas ..
i must find someone i'll you see guys on saturday than!

bucski - 1-10-2009 at 19:04

Good try Col but I'll gate crash!

And no telling ren neil or we'll have to withdraw nono priviliges!

Think I will be going down the bigboringvan route in the future, tho I have a few more years of smallbutcoolvan in me yet!

Loxley - 2-10-2009 at 07:45

Everyone succumbs to the bigboringvan in the end ! LOL

Anyway, to Blaschito.... great moniker, but a handful of a name.
There will be a decent enough crowd at Ynyslas this weekend, so if you are there first thing knock on the doors of the "big boring camper vans" and introduce yourself as those in the 'small but cool vans' dont always get a good nights sleep when the wind has been howling in the night !

Loxley - 2-10-2009 at 15:24

A further update to my post earlier, will now be coming over in the car just for day as the forecast now at 4.20pm Friday is showing only 8 or 9 knots for Sunday so not worth the trek over in the camper for the whole weekend.
Will see you guys about 10am Saturday morning.

shem - 2-10-2009 at 17:41

My man flu is still here although much better im still week and achey, fingers xed I make it onto the water tmorow!

Blaschito - 2-10-2009 at 19:18

hahahha Loxely i'll do as you said hehheheeh i'll knock the door of the big vans and i'll let sleep the guys in the small vans ehheheh i hope that none will throw me any object for desturbing i'll see you in the morning boys!

......holy God ...is it true that there will be waves of 2 meters height?!!...hope it's not what i read...at least for me

[Edited on 2-10-2009 by Blaschito]

justal - 3-10-2009 at 04:07

Looking good out there... 32.5 knots for the 10 minute average at the mo and gusting to 40.2 according the weather station. We just need some light now!

Al.

shem - 3-10-2009 at 04:23

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, spewing Im still acheing, maybe Ill make it for a afternoon sesh.

justal - 3-10-2009 at 07:29

There'll be plenty more days Shem... It's been 2 months since I was fit enough to get out, but I'm gonna give it a go today.

Al.

justal - 3-10-2009 at 17:54

Turned out good in the end didn't it!

I've added some photos to the galleries from today as well.

shem - 3-10-2009 at 18:28

glad u got in Al, any aches and pains after??

justal - 3-10-2009 at 18:31

A few, but not too bad. Chest and back a little sore and there's the odd twinge now and then, but I'm still alive at the mo!

Al.

Blaschito - 4-10-2009 at 21:41

Hi everybody..i would like to thank evrybody for the help i received on saturday in both! i'll see you soon again to delight you with my performance

Mayuri21 - 20-10-2009 at 08:40

Its sure to be windy this weekend as Im in wales but can't mountain bike or sail - got a christening to attend my own I guess I can't get out of it
Im the god father but I have never been christened so Im getting done at the same time.

Regards

Mayuri