Board logo

Damaged rental gear
garpag - 10-1-2010 at 12:58

Hi,
I'm thinking of windsurfing vacation with gear rental. Since my level is beginner I afraid I can damage the gear. Do you guys know what's going on in such case. Would the club charge full gear price/partial price or they don't charge for any damage.
Thank you for your answer.

badexcuseforasailor - 10-1-2010 at 18:36

When I have been to Egypt in the past there has been an optional insurance ontop of the rental price that covers accidental damage.

justal - 11-1-2010 at 07:03

Yep, BEFS is right, and even without that if the damage is just down to wear and tear rather than misuse then you aren't normally liable. Steve snapped a boom whilst he was in Egypt with me and they were fine about it.

It's worth checking the smallprint though just in case, but as a beginner as long you are using suitable equipment in suitable conditions it isn't that likely that you'll break things.

Al.

AndyW - 11-1-2010 at 11:09

If you go with a company like Neilson that deals with a lot of beginners then you should be OK without paying insurance. In fact I don't think Neilson even have the option of insurance. Also beginner boards tend to have soft padded decks so damage is less likely, and in a lot of centres the beginner boards have seen some action already.

If you go to a centre with brand new kit then you usually have the option to pay insurance locally, can be about 45-50 euro.

Cheers,

Andy

garpag - 11-1-2010 at 11:43

Thanks a lot to all of you for your answers
Have a windy day