Board logo

Website hacked or spoofed?
alistair - 2-5-2014 at 07:15

A couple of times I've had an adult friend finder advert appear when I've tried to check the wind on the Weather Station! I've gone to my saved link which brings up the Weather Overview and then clicked on Wind and the ad appeared. Looking at the history it has a strange series of links:

Borth Weather Station | Live and Historical Weather from Borth, Ynyslas and Aberdovey near Aberystwyth, Wales.
tw3cht8rnn8tq3ecv8cjvrf.koltuktamircisi.info

Adult FriendFinder - The World's Largest Sex Dating Site & Swinger Personals Community
adultfriendfinder.com

If I go back to the first link in the history it turns into the correct weather station link.

I don't know whether this is your website has been hacked or spoofed or if it is something on my machine.

justal - 3-5-2014 at 05:23

That's odd... It seems OK here at the moment, does it happen for you everytime you visit the page?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Al.

alistair - 4-5-2014 at 07:41

It looks as though it is the first time I look at the weather station after turning on my computer. Slightly different address for the intermediate page that looks like your site.

Borth Weather Station | Live and Historical Weather from Borth, Ynyslas and Aberdovey near Aberystwyth, Wales.
np1gex6wbht5w1fnypxx5g9.kozmetik.biz.tr

Very strange.

justal - 5-5-2014 at 05:32

Looks as though there may be an issue with your computer??

Al.

alistair - 6-5-2014 at 15:04

Symantec Endpoint Protection didn't have any warnings of anything and I couldn't find anything but removed all cookies etc and I've blocked adultfriendfinder and it has stopped happening - though I'd like to be more definite I've removed it.

justal - 28-5-2014 at 04:56

Alisatair - Are you still having these issues? I've been finding more out about it as a couple of other people have reported the same problems now. Basically people are being sporadically redirected to the adult friend finder website, not just from this site, but from websites all over the world!

I've had the hostingg company looking into it after finding this on the web (Note this is only for those with a very geeky inclination!)

http://reverse.put.as/2014/02/05/linuxhackingteamrdorks-a-a-new-and-improved-version-of-linuxcdorked-a/

It looks as though the server operating system has a bug in it, but hopefully the hosting company are on top of it now and have patched the issue. Let me know if it continues though.

Al.

alistair - 28-5-2014 at 07:11

I had still been getting it at the weekend. I was about to contact you as after a bit more investigation it certainly looked to me to be something on the host. I ran Fiddler to see what was happening and after clicking on the wind or other links on the site it then sometimes fired off a chain of strange links starting with one that was referred from the forces of nature site and ending with adult friend finder or sometimes a Facebook music quiz.

Good to hear it may be fixed now - I'll let you know if it continues.

Alistair

shem - 28-5-2014 at 23:13

Im was still getting it last weekend, puts a smile on my face every time

justal - 29-5-2014 at 13:48

Yep, hopefully it's fixed now though, so you'll have to get your 'smiles' elsewhere Shem!

Al.

alistair - 30-5-2014 at 11:48

Certainly seems to be fixed now - thanks

justal - 30-5-2014 at 16:35

Lets hope it stays that way and that everything continues to work after the server reboot and OS update tomorrow.

Finger Crossed as I don't have much time to work on it next week if not and I can't be doing with the stress it causes either!

Al.

chase - 8-6-2014 at 15:06

Oh is that what it was. I acused lisa of inapropriate searches