Board logo

Back on Board
justal - 28-4-2016 at 13:24

At last, after what seems like years I've finally got back out windsurfing. First on Monday in 25 knots NW winds (http://www.alananna.co.uk/blog/2016/back-board-2/, then again on Tuesday in slightly stronger NNW winds.

It now looks as though I might be able to get out again this afternoon. Will anyone else be heading out today?

Al.

justal - 28-4-2016 at 17:12

Well, as my diary entry says - It was plenty windy enough when I got home with gusts touching 40 knots so headed over to the beach with my little wave board and a 5m and 4.5m sail. Rigged the 4.5m as it was blowing a hoolie but the wind dropped as soon as I hit the water and there just wasn't enough. Not even enough if I;d rigged the 5m so rather than head home and get bigger kit I headed home and went for a run instead - that was equally as lack lustre too.

Guess what, now that I'm writing this its blowing a hoolie again. In fact it's now 45 knots!!! Grrr...

justal - 28-4-2016 at 17:22

Here's the proof

alistair - 28-4-2016 at 18:38

It was a bit extreme today but all good fun

Blaschito - 30-4-2016 at 09:15

Hi Al seems like the weather station is stuck to this morning time? Glad to hear you back on the water!

justal - 30-4-2016 at 21:22

Yeah.... The weather station is OK, it's our Internet playing up as usual.... It's taken me several attempts to post this now as it's just too slow!!!

Al.