Board logo

Site Updates
justal - 18-9-2005 at 20:41

I've been toying with the idea of revamping the site for a while now, but it is just far too much work and the wind or waves always seem to interrupt any work I start, so instead I am embarking on a gradual set of updates.

I have spent today updating the Home Page so that it now contains an 'at a glance' overview of the latest posts diary entires, classifeds etc. that have been added so that you can quickly and easily keep up to date. There are still a few little tweaks I need to make and a few other bits of information I need to add, but comments would of course be appreciated... The site is for you, so have your say and I'll see what I can do. Also let me know if anything I have done so far doesn't work as expected!

Also on my list of things to do are:
• Redo the Classifieds Section to streamline it and provide better access to the ads etc. Also allowing advertisers to upload images of the items they have for sell.
• Add an all new Photo Galleries section as mentioned in another thread.
• Get rid of some of the old redundant pages and information.

I'll get there in the end.

Al.

Jonny - 19-9-2005 at 10:47

Sites lookin good Al. Keep up the good work.

We've Just had a big dump 2day right at the end of the season so pullin a sickie tomorrow and heading up to Treble cone for a boarding sesh. Should be good

Jonny

justal - 24-9-2005 at 06:38

Well, at least one person liked the new home page!!

Now thinking about the photo galleries section which will allow members to upload photos to various galleries, but also have their own customised 'photo albums' so that you can keep photos organised and share them with others... I'll also allow others to post comments on the photos and maybe even add a rating system. Is there any other feature you'd like to see?

Al.