Board logo

Improved Connectivity for the Weather Station
justal - 14-12-2012 at 07:59

Those of you who rely on the weather station may have noticed that whenever I go away for the weekend it seems to go down. I thought that this was just Sods Law and that whenever I wasn't around to reboot the router if it lost Internet connection it would lose connection.

However, a few other wireless network issues prompted me to look into the network in a little more detail and monitor it closely and it was then that I realised that I was actually losing connection several times a day and simply rebooting the router without really thinking about it.

I tried a second router but with no joy but have now installed a third router and so far (fingers crossed) it seems to have fixed all of my wi-fi woes.

What this means for you (hopefully) is that the weather station PC has a shiny new router and should therefore be more reliable. Hopefully I'll be able to leave the house now and the weather station will still be updating itself every minute - until something else goes wrong of course, but as always I'll try to stay on top of it.

Al.

chase - 14-12-2012 at 14:54

I think it just gets lonely when you go away and all this tri activity has made it super moody :-)

justal - 14-12-2012 at 15:48

Hopefully it'll be better behaved now - the weather station itself has been working well and the new PC that the software is running on flies along and is working well too.. It was just the Internet connection that let it all down and I;d put that down to the fact that we live in Ynyslas!

Seems as though it could have been the router at fault though.

I did get out windsurfing the other day though so maybe that has cheered it up as well.

Al.