Board logo

Top shelf magazine article
ajdesq - 6-2-2004 at 11:46

Next time any of you are in WHSmith or similar, take a peek at the March 04 copy of ... ahem ... 'Caravan' Magazine.

Turn to page 58 for an exceedingly interesting article about a windsurfer taking a year off. And a handsome chap he looks in the photos, too...

Wes - 9-2-2004 at 12:07

I decided to have a look, but bottled it at the last moment and picked up a copy of Readers Wives to save my blushes.........

Spencer - 9-2-2004 at 14:51

If i make it to WHS. ill ave a look andy,whos the good looking guy your on a bout? Did u get that scratch out of your bonnet caused by that flying board?

Spence...

ajdesq - 9-2-2004 at 17:50

Wes - you wuss!

Spencer - that dent was just one of a collection, so the main pic in the article is of the 'Caravanner's Pin-Up 1975' (i.e. me) reclining subtley over the bonnet and hiding all the dings with various body parts

SeanBo - 11-2-2004 at 18:24

Checked it out today (there are advantages to being a middle aged father, i.e. no credibility to loose when looking at dodgy magazines in shops) to find that there are no pictures of the new toybox and I will have to subscribe or remember to go to WHS once a month to see the rest of the stuff!

I guess its on your web page, but I have "lost" my broadband connection and dial up is sooooooo sloooowwwwww!

zelwaters - 12-2-2004 at 00:20

blimy uve been around havnt you, love the caravan by the way, its very swish (and tidy). Wouldnt mind one of those!

Good luck with the rest of your journey, where are u now? or is it over?

Zel x

ajdesq - 15-2-2004 at 13:56

Sadly Zel it's all over now, but if you're REALLY bored one day there's a whole years worth of emails to read off the link at www.ajdesq.com.

As for pix of the toybox... they won't be appearing in print till the autumn at the earliest. But, SeanBo, you can still take out a sub in the meantime, like you need an excuse! Copy deadlines are months in advance, am currently writing for June, and they're not even coming to take any more pix till next month.

Am missing the BST bash (boo!) but will no doubt catch up with people over the year

Andrew

Nick - 17-2-2004 at 10:54

Well I just had to take a look at my local WH Smiths too but was disappointed to find that "Caravan" magazine turns out to be the only one with a plastic cover. I wasn't prepared to buy a copy or risk a seriously embarrasing arrest ripping one open just to take a peak.... which begs the question - did Seanbo?!

I thought they only did that for true top shelf publications. Or does caravan magazine contain material simply too hardcore for your average van puller?

Cheers

Nick