paul - 21-8-2002 at 20:09

I'm going away in november, where would you go, these are the options so far:

1 week in Dahab, Egypt
2 weeks in the UK, maybe wales, maybe scotland
2 weeks west coast of ireland
2 weeks in the canaries
1 week in antigua

justal - 21-8-2002 at 20:51

2 weeks on the West Coast of ireland sounds cool... although Nov is beginning to get a little chilly...

If it was end of Sept/beginning of Oct then I would go for 2 weeks in Scotland (Outer Hebrides) every time (have you seen the photos?) , but given that its November, then its gotta be 2 weeks in the Canaries, as long as the wind is OK at that time of year.

Antigua or Egypt would be good, but 1 week isn't enough, by the time you get there, get settled in then have a couple of mid holiday days without wind, it'll be time to come home again.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Al.

NatB - 22-8-2002 at 09:14

November in the Canaries would be superb

Check these shots out

adam - 2-9-2002 at 15:21

Go somewhere warm!!

Ireland does look amazing but I guess I'm just too soft to go there in winter, brrrrr.

Egypt would be a good bet, I went to Moon Beach a few years ago for one week and it was excellent. Know what Al is saying about it being a lot of travelling for 1 week but its probably worth it.

Planning a week in Antigua either in December or more likely to be January if I ever stop spending what is supposed to be the holiday fund!

Going to head for Club Colonna a sunsail club, looks nice and the tradewinds should have kicked in by then. Where were you thinking about going?

Depends if you want the best conditions and a more hardcore surfing and windsurfing holiday; go for Ireland or Canaries, or a more mellow break with windsurfing and sailing in bathwater temperature water in Antigua.

paul - 2-9-2002 at 15:50

we were looking at going to Club Colonna too, but sunsail seems to be full for November so we are off sightseeing in tuscany for a week, should score me heaps of brownie points....

ajdesq - 8-9-2002 at 09:02

Personally I'd go for a 2 week option - Canaries or UK. If you go somewhere for 1 week & get no wind, you'll be seething. If you go somewhere for 2 weeks and have wind for just 1 week, you'll not feel like you've wasted your time and money. I'm pretty through with spending hundreds of pounds on foreign holidays only to sit on the b****dy beach, when I get better sessions and better value in the UK!
Andrew

dave84g - 29-9-2007 at 22:19

quote:
Originally posted by adam
Go somewhere warm!!

Ireland does look amazing but I guess I'm just too soft to go there in winter, brrrrr.

Egypt would be a good bet, I went to Moon Beach a few years ago for one week and it was excellent. Know what Al is saying about it being a lot of travelling for 1 week but its probably worth it.

Planning a week in Antigua either in December or more likely to be January if I ever stop spending what is supposed to be the holiday fund!

Going to head for Club Colonna a sunsail club, looks nice and the tradewinds should have kicked in by then. Where were you thinking about going?

Depends if you want the best conditions and a more hardcore surfing and windsurfing holiday; go for Ireland or Canaries, or a more mellow break with windsurfing and sailing in bathwater temperature water in Antigua.