Board logo

Hurghada Red Sea
Kitefish - 12-12-2004 at 23:18

Hi

Hopefully off to Hurghada kitesurfing early in the new year (some crackin deals around £300 4*AI). Does anyone have any advice IE: best areas to kite, what range of kites to take and where best to chill.

shawn - 13-12-2004 at 11:23

There's lots going on just behind the 'jasmine hotel' - which is about 5 mins away from the airport. There's a windsurfing beach and kite beach from which the tommy freidle pro centre operate - open to everyone though. I used to store all my kit at tommy freidles even though I wasn't staying there - they were really helpfull.

not sure about kite sizes though.

col123 - 13-12-2004 at 22:04

magawish hotel is the best spot about 30mins from the airport, theres a lagoon at one end its a bit sheltered but if you can kite out theres a sandy ..reef about 1 kilometere out were its knee deep, there a kite centre there and they'll fetch you in a rib if you get into trouble, the only problem i found was that the big hotels formed a wind shadow which made getting back to the same point a pain but i ended up walking.

watch out for some of the coral its very sharp, take a day snorkling to paradise island its a good boat trip and fantastic day out. look up magawish on goggle and you'll find it..watch the taxi drivers they'll rip you off

, saying that though 3 cans of coke plus two 2litres of bottled water haggled for 10p!!

its a very dry heat so take plenty of fluids going again myself in feb ..moon beach awesome

badexcuseforasailor - 13-12-2004 at 23:18

When I went to egypt I found a camel pack hydration system was brilliant when sailing as no need to come back to shore to get a drink.
Moon beach, awesome place hope to go back there one day

befs

Kitefish - 14-12-2004 at 23:19

Colin

Cheers for all the advice, will have to see about the kites. See you at the beach soon.

Cheers

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by Kitefish]