Board logo

SSE Sunday
Johmo - 16-4-2005 at 14:39

Theyr is showing F5 SSE for Sunday over the Borth area. Where is the best place to sail in this direction? It should be cross off at Borth but will there be any swell?

Abersoch faces East, I think, but it is a long way to go.

justal - 16-4-2005 at 16:27

Yeah, it ain't the best direction for around this way... It may be OK to sail off the seafront, cross-off, but I'm not expecting any swell so it won't be that exciting. It is also likely to be very gusty and Force 5 may not be enough to really get through to the searont in this direction..

If the wind goes more ESE than SSE than the estuary could be OK for a flat water session. Again it will probably be gusty but it is possible for it to funnel into the estuary properly and actually end up quite a lot stronger than forecast.

Tywyn can be OK in a SE as well..pretty much cross-shore, but I've never REALLY compared it to Borth.. Some people do think it is better in a SE though.

Other than that it is the Lleyn Peninsula (Abersoch or Pwllheli) or better still the Gower (Owich, Horton or Port Eynon)... Oh, and Kelvin seems to rate Newgale in a SE for some cross-offshore wave action!

Al.

mNeil - 16-4-2005 at 18:56

pwllheli is fine on a se the wind smooths out as it crossed the bay. need turn down into the caravan park just before the marins then across the sand sto the beach