Board logo

Aberystwyth/Borth this coming bank holiday weekend
Jonny - 23-4-2006 at 19:14

Im heading down to Aber next weekend for the bank holiday.
Heading down cos its gonna be a reunion with all my old uni mates i've not seen for almost 2 years so were gonna pretend were students again and drink ourselves silly all weekend.

Seeing as i've not got enough windsurfing kit; im jus gonna bring my 12m kite. Hopefully I'l have a board by then as well if I manage to find a cheap one this week.

Just praying for a good forecast. A nice clean 15- 20 knots with sunshine all weekend would be ideal!
See you at the weekend Al.

leonardo - 23-4-2006 at 21:39

also hoping for F4+ and sunshine..

shem - 23-4-2006 at 22:02

F5 please!! fancy a caution 122 Johnny. Hope your bringing your avatar girl with u to sun bathe at Borth!!!!

justal - 24-4-2006 at 06:29

I won't be here Jonny... I'll be in Egypt where I can pretty much guarantee the sunshine and hopefully will have a little more than 15-20 knots as well!

Al.

leonardo - 24-4-2006 at 06:44

might be NE & NW..who's hitting the coast?

Spooker - 24-4-2006 at 07:38

I'll be hitting the coast.... but like Al - it'll be the Red Sea coast
30C on the beach and 24C in the water
Er - what is a dry suit anyway??

justal - 24-4-2006 at 09:16

Where and when are you going?? I might see you there.. or in the airport at least!

Al.

mNeil - 24-4-2006 at 11:37

hard luck you 2.....all that flat water and no waves to play in thank goodness i can be at borth ,looking forward to some good waves!
anyof the massif fancy tenerife again for a week at half term?

justal - 24-4-2006 at 11:40

Hopefully there will be more than just flat water... This is the blurb from Club Dahab:

quote:

'Outer Reef'

Beyond the outer reef, the truly hardcore will find a perfect wave playground of big rolling swell, ideal for getting the hang of wave-riding and of course plenty of air.

Al.

Spooker - 24-4-2006 at 13:57

Al - I'm off to El Ghouna (again), flying out from Manchester Friday morning.
'sigh' - I expect I'll have to put up with that flat water, it'll be hell Neil
Will be trying to get some toeside riding and backloops nailed - the standard at Borth is getting too good!!

dunk - 24-4-2006 at 15:13

I'm back to TF on the 14th May.

I may also be down this week!

Looking forward to catching up with you guys

carlessd - 24-4-2006 at 15:26

i dont wanna spoil the fun but there but there aint no wind

mNeil - 24-4-2006 at 16:05

dont forget to take your own drinks with guys!!!!VERY DRY OUT THERE ...NO ALE!!!!!!!!!!

Jonny - 24-4-2006 at 20:34

Yeah forecast is looking a bit iffy windwise for weekend.

Shem

quote:

F5 please!! fancy a caution 122 Johnny. Hope your bringing your avatar girl with u to sun bathe at Borth!!!!

I'l have to take a look at the Caution Shem. I was ideally wanting to get a board around the 140 in length range as its gonna b my first board. I've done loadsa body dragging so I cant be arsed with a 160 length board that im only gonna use for a day or so.
As for the Avatar; its been a long time since I saw a girl like that - Capetown in fact; English girls suck!

nick-r - 25-4-2006 at 07:32

the weekend is looking a bit better

justal - 25-4-2006 at 08:56

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
hard luck you 2.....all that flat water and no waves to play in thank goodness i can be at borth ,looking forward to some good waves!
anyof the massif fancy tenerife again for a week at half term?

And Borth has the added benefit that you are unlikely to get blown up

Al.

mNeil - 25-4-2006 at 15:21

And Borth has the added benefit that you are unlikely to get blown up

Al.
YOUR NOT DRINKING THE RIGHT ALE AL!!!!!!!!!!

carlessd - 25-4-2006 at 21:13

well i'm coming ta borth on fri all goin well and stayin around for weekend, a party in aber sounds cool, can none students attend??

[Edited on 25-4-2006 by carlessd]

leonardo - 25-4-2006 at 21:28

how about a big barbie and bonfire in the estaury sat night? NW looks good for sat!

chris - 25-4-2006 at 21:32

will be around for a few beers and a fire.
man i hate this high pressure stuff.

mNeil - 26-4-2006 at 09:10

wind not looking good again,looks like its going to be a tan and beer sat on my new super chair......maybe some of this mountain board nonsense too.

MarkyP - 26-4-2006 at 10:08

I'm up for the weekend, staying in Aber to keep the peace. Packed the light wind toys (bikes) to hit the mountains, which is also a lot of fun. You guys should try it.

May have a big floaty surfboard to lose in the rip?! Hope to see you'll on da beach.

MP

Palmer - 26-4-2006 at 14:52

Well i have to take my new van for its maiden voyage so will probably head to the sea-side with a few bottles of vino and a can of cider for kitefish.
Anyone want an imaculate condition VW Passat?? Special price for kiters.

baileyman - 26-4-2006 at 15:35

Not sure what I'm doin yet. My ribs are still bloody sore from easter and need to rest them for my trip to Egypt the following weekend.

Might just come over anyway, get shedded and burn some food - beats sitting at home feeling sorry for myself !!

leonardo - 26-4-2006 at 20:25

Sounds like u did the same thing to your ribs that i did to mine last year in Tiree..Word of advice, don't do any jumps and buy a good impact vest..If u r going to do any jumps then do them unhooked - it saves your ribs!!! Hope u come downto the beach anyway.

Sat looks ridable and then hopefully the NE and E kicks in early sat + sun...

baileyman - 27-4-2006 at 12:32

Jumping unhooked - that's the stuff dreams are made of !!

I'm still at the crash and burn stage Leo !!

Hopefully 2 weeks in Egypt and I'll be able to go round corners !!

Hopefully see y'all Sat'dy

Jonny - 27-4-2006 at 15:24

Forecast for the weekends quite good for sun but not for wind. Northerly Saturday and North Westerley sunday and a bit stronger. I'l prob just give Saturday a miss and get on the piss again. Start around lunchtimeish I spose in the Pier. Probably end up doing another all dayer on sunday watching the ruugby sevens tournament. I'l be up Borth way on Monday however the weathers forecast is to detriorate by then.

nick-r - 27-4-2006 at 20:08

i'll be up for a bit of that lanboarding nonsense...saturday and sunday is lookin just about useable.

andy B - 27-4-2006 at 20:17

will be up fri night for the duration,if nothing else hopeing the katabatic kicks in!!! you never know it could be good for a few early sessions see ya on da beach

Jonny - 29-4-2006 at 18:27

Well last night was good. Got refused entry to the pier cos I was too pissed. Dont remember where I went after that but got in at 4 apparently, spent loads thats all I know. More of the same today. Been drinking since half 10 this morning. Im gonna try and get over to Borth tomorrow. If not, i'l be over on Monday if theres wind. What a bewty of a day its been today with the sun. YOu gonna be around Al, Shem. Im still on my old number Al if you've got it?