Board logo

borth massif outing to penzance cornwall19th oct
mNeil - 10-9-2007 at 16:08

half term approaches; well maybe not quite yet but it will be here on friday the 19th october and i am heading down to penzance for the week. i will be going down late friday evening to miss the rush and snoozing on the front at marazion beach for free. its usually still shorts and t shirt weather down there and more reliable wind than over the summer months. for those that just want to stay for free you can park up on the front at marazion beach, note if you use the car park by the cafe you will be charged £5 so mosey along about 20 mtrs and its free. there are 2 really good and cheap camp sites i have used; one above st ives called trevalgen and the other on the helston road called kennegy cove( this one has a nice pub just up the road in walking distance). beaches to kitesurf are many dependant on direction of said wind; marazion, the bluff at hayle and gwithian not forgetting sennon cove for those big waves!!!!!
see youz there

jon d hat - 10-9-2007 at 17:06

Considering joining you this year Neil as I have a surplus of annual leave to use. Will check it out with my Manager tomorrow and let you know

carlessd - 10-9-2007 at 19:05

me too dude its as good as booked

Jonny - 10-9-2007 at 23:02

Cracking idea Neil. I'm meant to be goin down round about then but only got 2 days leave so gonna hopefully make a long weekend of it

Spooker - 11-9-2007 at 08:16

Maybe a long weekend for me too, see how busy work is nearer the time,

Pluto - 11-9-2007 at 11:36

I might see you there.

I've got a job in Falmouth during the week prior so may already be there. If I can get a gate pass that is. I've already got one for the following weekend for a trip to Tiree......

mNeil - 11-9-2007 at 14:34

anyone mention Tiree.............next may? ferry might be well booked with all the vans going up.

col123 - 11-9-2007 at 20:39

i'll probably be in EL Gouna for the week, just sorting stuff out now...wife actually sugested it, she wants to go....and leave the kids at home, she wants me to kite while she studies for her MA..

be awfully rude not too

Spooker - 12-9-2007 at 07:53

Col - is that w/c 19th Oct that you're thinking of going to el Gouna?

mmmmm.....

now there's a thought

mNeil - 12-9-2007 at 14:25

but there aint no waves and there aint NO BEER!!!!

Loxley - 19-9-2007 at 12:23

Hi Neil,

will hope to join you from the friday night until the tuesday.

Mark

carlessd - 19-9-2007 at 19:18

thats me all bokked, i'll see you there if my camper makes it!!

mNeil - 7-10-2007 at 18:56

just thought i would remind all you peeps it only 2 weeks away. i will be leaving very late friday night as Rentia is working and it will allow me to avoid getting stuck in the rush.
aim to be at Marazion beach on the front there first light saturday snoozing............we can all decide where to kite wind direction dependant; fingers crossed for a S or SW then we stay there. there are 2 sites which i have looked at on the net and stopped there many times for those occasions when you need showers/water empty tiolets etc.
http://www.kenneggycove.co.uk/ /> and
http://www.chycor.co.uk/camping/trevalgan/ /> see youz all there

[Edited on 9/10/07 by mNeil]

baileyman - 8-10-2007 at 21:19

Neil - we'll see you down there.

By the way, that link is for site who sells those old age pensioner wagons - you planning on buying one for the back of your van ?

Rich

mNeil - 9-10-2007 at 07:41

hi Rich don tknow how that crept in; it was suppossed to go in "the weekend doh!!!!! Spooker was , so i am told not up to his best on the last mountian bike trip so i decided to help him find electrical assistance for his bike.
how was the states? you down the beach this weekend, will be going over to dovey sat evening for an outing to the britannia inn.

Fat Shady - 12-10-2007 at 18:44

Tempted to take a long weekend to see the masive again

mNeil - 13-10-2007 at 14:42

hi Wayne, lets hope for some good wind down south next weekend; had a look on the long range and poss deadly east for saturday DOH!!!!!!!

Spooker - 17-10-2007 at 08:19

Bump.....

Wind down there looking reasonable sat, iffy sun, and pretty good Monday. I'll be travelling down fri afternoon ready for an early start sat morning - see ya'll on t beach

mNeil - 17-10-2007 at 09:40

wind starting to swing more to the south for saturday now so should be ok at marazion or maybe travel around the bay to longrock and get out of the shadow of st michaels mount. sunday and monday looking good for marazion at penzance; southerly to south west

carlessd - 17-10-2007 at 10:38

i'll be heading down sat morning, will call u when i'm in the area to see where you are. if your not at marazion can you let me know where abouts you are heading for just incase your already on the water??

see ya all sat

mNeil - 17-10-2007 at 12:17

asuming wind to be good sse we will be out at marazion; if too much east we will be futher along the road towards penzance at longrock, go to the car park there; anyway you should see our kites on the water.

Spooker - 17-10-2007 at 14:53

showing over 30 knots on Monday in Penzance now!

Never mind the 9m - better pop to 7m in as well

jon d hat - 17-10-2007 at 16:44

Bout time there was some proper wind..driving down Fri afternoon. See you all there

jon d hat - 17-10-2007 at 16:47

Anyone taking MTB's??

mNeil - 18-10-2007 at 07:44

i know we are going to the sea side Jon , but taking a MOTOR TORPEDO BOAT? theres going to be good wind all week!!!!

Spooker - 18-10-2007 at 08:20

Its gonna be windy every day Jon - so not me

baileyman - 18-10-2007 at 12:54

Hi all

I'm back in the country at long last. We'll be heading down Fri night and hopefully be there in the early hours.

Will try and hunt you all down when I get there. Assume the parking place is easy to find. Haven't been to Marazion for a good few years so can't remeber where everything is!!

I'll just keep an eye out for Neil and Spookers' electric zimmer chairs

laters

Rich

mNeil - 18-10-2007 at 13:38

thanks for that Rich .......we love you toooooo

bucski - 18-10-2007 at 15:24

We will be down for five days on Sunday, whimping out though and staying in a cozy self catering jobbie in Gwithian.

col123 - 18-10-2007 at 19:11

hope you guys get the wind, and no not the beer kind,
i'm off to newgale for some monster waves ( i hope) stopping in a mega posh spa hotel, the brouchure says if i want to land my helicopter in the grounds just ring!!!

got loadsa new kit to try as well, new 08 flexi atom, xbow 3, switchblades and 08 nobile boards and not forgetting my new wave board frommr shinn,

have a good un

Spooker - 18-10-2007 at 19:17

My zimmer has "Instinct Edge" written on the bottom - and thats all you're gonna see of it hippy boy - as I jump over you

As for Tim - sea a bit cold this time of year? Perhaps you'd better stay indoors - and pack your string vest too - don't want a chest cold at your age...

bucski - 19-10-2007 at 07:19

ah yes I shall be wearing my string vest under my new pyro pro drysuit, toasty!

[Edited on 19-10-2007 by bucski]

mNeil - 19-10-2007 at 11:15

hi Tim we will be down marazion on sunday bang onshore so dont take too long getting there. Rich just head for st Micheals mount you will see the vans on the road towards marazion.

shem - 19-10-2007 at 17:26

Ill be in Bude and westwood around friday till sunday, when you boys heading back up coast?