Board logo

tides at borth for easter?
badexcuseforasailor - 8-3-2003 at 21:26

Does anyone know what the tides are for borth over easter? Thinking about makeing the trek if the estuary is sailable, im not into waves yet

thanks

befs

justal - 8-3-2003 at 21:28

When is Easter??? and I'll tell you...

Al.

justal - 8-3-2003 at 21:35

Its OK...I've found out when Easter is and the tides times at Borth are as follows:

Fri 18th April: High tide 9.55am (Big spring tide)
Sat 19th April: High Tide 10.35 am (Just as big tides)
Sun 20th April: 11.20am (slightly smaller tide)

So BEFS.... The estuary should be sailable and you could get there a couple of hours before HT and have a decent few hours sailing (if theres wind). Ask Olly what he thinks of it there as he only sailed on flat inland water until a couple of weeks ago when he sailed on the estuary...Mind you there was a good blow that weekend so it was a little more lively in there than usual.

Al.

Olly - 9-3-2003 at 03:15

a little, no, no, well and truely blasted buat i vcan tell you its was fu;'#king mad

Olly - 9-3-2003 at 03:19

dont knoeb where a said about going anway for a few days over easter but the short kist as a folowsx:

borth

poole
somewhere else, vcmat rember, sure i will wnem sober, all depends on wnere girlfriend wants to go shopping and w3here the
concrete leads us!!!!

Olly - 9-3-2003 at 03:20

woooooooooooooops no mre replies till sober#

peace out

justal - 9-3-2003 at 07:20

I think you might need to recap on those posts Olly as they didn't make a lot of sense really... Adds a little character to the thread though!!

I take it you had a good 'session' last night!!... And don't tell your girlf...but Borth ain't great for shopping!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 9-3-2003 at 17:32

Im gonna try and book into youth hostel at borth will let you all know if im coming over for easter.
Just have to book the wind too (but not too much wind please).

befs

badexcuseforasailor - 9-3-2003 at 18:56

All booked and paid for, hope to see some of you at easter.

befs