Board logo

Da Weekend
justal - 28-11-2003 at 07:10

All of a sudden the forecasts look pretty good for Saturday.. S-SW Force 5-6 with 45mph gusts!!

Anyone coming to Borth??

Al.

Thodd - 28-11-2003 at 09:02

I was thinking of getting wet on Sunday as it looks the best conditions for waves!

I've never been to Borth, which way is the beach facing?

col123 - 28-11-2003 at 09:31

saturday i'll mostly be getting wet with a big kite..the brummie crew are coming so if you could put the heater on in the sea we'd be grateful

justal - 28-11-2003 at 17:51

Thodd.... the beach at Borth faces West... check out the beachguide on this site for some info on the surf etc... there are some pretty nice reef and point-breaks along this stretch of coast, but they aren't that consistent... If the winds are SE-Southerly as forecast for tomorrow morning, then as long as there is some swell, it could be good at the Lifeboat Station for surfing. Sunday looks as though the wind will be SW which will mess the surf up a bit, but the Lifeboat Station should still have some protection from th wind.

Col... I need a wee right now, so I'll go and do it in the sea for you, that should warm it up a little!!!

See you tomorrow... The forecast still looks good. Weather Online is forecasting Southerly Force 6-7 with 50mph gusts for midday tomorrow.

Al.

justal - 29-11-2003 at 06:38

Its still dark at the moment, but its looking good with a decent wind blowing and the wave bouys showing some swell activity too...

All we need now is the sun to rise.

Al.