Board logo

greetings from El Medano
mNeil - 15-2-2010 at 20:33

well for those of the massif who have kitted in medano you know how gusty it can be.............now open your mind and think of kiting in off shore gusty cause that's what it was today and will be all week. today saw the loss of one new kite last seen heading towards gran canaria complete with bar and lines; sure to bring back some memories Tim, but going the other way!! luckily the rider got dragged to shore and so did his board. we thought we would be safe until the bonbas were called and siad they could not go out because the jet ski was broken and they thought the shore break too big to launch the rib!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we will be kiting on a different beach tomorrow!
the good new was the unbroken sunshine and my approaching TAN ( did you hear that Andy and Cath?)
will keep in touch
Blue Beard

bucski - 15-2-2010 at 23:00

Ah lost kites in El Medano, yes I remember it well.

So have you got SWerlies like I had all week when I was there over Christmas. Are you heading off to La Tejita tomorrow? Good waves there, head to the right of the beach to get the best of the swell.

mNeil - 16-2-2010 at 20:14

sorry to bore but again lovely sun and the narly wind from the west to south west. 2 people had to pack down and swim back in today rather than chance a landing at gran canaria, still no jet ski or beach rescue( bastards) kites 6to 10 mtre but he was a fat bastard , no inference Col!
going to try that beach maybe tomorrow tim but today there was no wind there,tis in the shelter of hills............toooo much north in it. hope the trip to the snow goes well.boookking up the flat for easter,.
regards to all
BB aha me with the tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

col123 - 16-2-2010 at 22:32

ehhhh i resemble that remark...

HAVE A GOOD HOL....(have to shout it's his age)

mNeil - 17-2-2010 at 22:12

ah wo is all that are in tenerife today: huge storms and rain all day, a few germanic windsurfers out in the afternoon having fun. only one kite ventured out in the late aft and he came accompanied by men in white suits!!!! he was still alive when we left for the safety of the flat so will listen to tomorrows news events. untold wind speeds predicted for tomorrow yet there is still snow on the top of the mountain!!!

mNeil - 18-2-2010 at 20:06

dont ask !!!! just to say i am still alive is enough still not got the stain out of the speedos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40+ gusts came through whist out on the 8mtre. def going to order a 6mtre!!!!!!!