Board logo

SO HERES A TOPIC FOR YOU
MrSimes - 16-6-2005 at 09:55

WHY has there never been a world class English bodyboarder. I know of one or two like Barber and Prisk (sp?) but never have I heard of one that might challenge for the world title??

booger - 16-6-2005 at 09:59

england is pretty bad at everything they do eg, rugby, cricket, rugby league especially. Mabey it just flows onto bodyboarding aswell??

Airborne - 16-6-2005 at 12:20

Thanks for making us feel good booger.

We're good at football and most our rugby is ok.

If you want world class, i keep telling you:
Danny Wall - as written about: "the man, the myth, the legend...undisputed ruler of the UK boadyboard scene and Internationally regarded as Europe's number one representative for the drop knee stance"

You cant get much better than that

MrSimes - 16-6-2005 at 14:10

Yeah Danny is good, but is he up to Roach or Holland's standards?

Airborne - 16-6-2005 at 14:25

I would say he's at Holland's standard definatly...i even reckon he could match Roach to, but Roach is sweet at DK!!!!

Now we've discussed DK, what about airs...the best bodyboarder for doing airs in my opinion is Jeff Hubbard

MrSimes - 16-6-2005 at 15:17

Yeah not many people can give Jeff a run in the air department. He is sick. Maybe Spencer Skipper is close, but no Hubbard is champ.

Tube riding?? I vote for Mike Steward still def. He has the best style ever!!

Airborne - 16-6-2005 at 17:26

Yes i agree, mike is very good.

badexcuseforasailor - 16-6-2005 at 20:55

A bit off topic but for things that england are good at fishing! Since 1990 the world champ has been an englishman 7 times..................................sorry been off the water too long

befs

Art - 16-6-2005 at 22:05

quote:
Originally posted by badexcuseforasailor
A bit off topic but for things that england are good at fishing! Since 1990 the world champ has been an englishman 7 times..................................sorry been off the water too long

befs

'lol' Its alright,we understand.'lol'

booger - 17-6-2005 at 00:02

i get to see matt lackey atleast a few times a month surf in real life and i rekon he is best dk'r in world, watch his sections in either supastars 2, washingmachines, projects, visions etc and u would agree, others may be able to match his frontside riding (but i doubt it) but no one compares to his backsiding ability. another top hell underated rider is mason rose. we dont hear too much of this danny wall guy over here.
Jeff is probably the best in the air department but i rekon sean virtue is gaining ground hell quick. hardy is probably the bench mark at the moment in the style department.

Airbone what football are you guys good at? i think we beat u in soccer/football whatever its called over there (when u lose to aus in football you know you suck) and we beat u in rugby everytime and destroy u in rugby league haha

MrSimes - 17-6-2005 at 07:13

BUT YOU did not beat us!! Were the TRI-NATIONS champs!!!!!!!! Go on springbucks!!

booger - 17-6-2005 at 07:25

yeah that was a joke, on for n against i might add 2 wins each country. and mr simes big props on super 12 this year 1 team into the finals, well done, is that the first time ever??

MrSimes - 17-6-2005 at 09:26

HMM SUPER 12 lets rather forget about that one!! Haha yeah we suck!

leonardo - 17-6-2005 at 11:59

World Bodyboard Champ Andre Botha from SA kicks all other assssssssss to bits

Airborne - 17-6-2005 at 12:59

hehe, booger i never seem to see Australia do well in the World Cup, they manage to qualify thats about it but not for England

lol, thats all i have to say...i dont like competition

booger - 18-6-2005 at 05:24

whats happened to andre botha, you hardly hear of that guy anymore, he was the man, charging like 4-8ft wiamea shorey, thats what booging is all about.

booger - 18-6-2005 at 05:28

kingy world champ yeww! why is there no english booger on the supertour?? you guys rave on about the good waves over there and underground talent. and this 16 year old that smokes tom robinson, and a dkr that owns lackey so you guys must have some good riders.

Airborne - 18-6-2005 at 09:35

Thing is booger yes we have a few good boarders, yes theres some underground talent, no we dont get too much good surf over here, most frequent places get crowded.

Im not sure if our bodyboarders are even into too much competition ...we do some things but i reckon you guys over there in Aus and most of the pro boarders in the world definatly beat us on the famous/competetive side of things

booger - 19-6-2005 at 08:31

are you trying to say england has just as good riders as aus but just arent competive and dont go one world tour? i rekon if they were good enough they would be competitive and be trying

Airborne - 19-6-2005 at 20:31

i honestly dont know, i think the Aus spongers may be a bit more skilled because of the wave frequency over there...not sure, maybe UK boarders do more underground work

wez - 20-6-2005 at 09:48

oz has got lots more talent than this country , but if surfing was as main stream as it is over there then we might be up there ... as for wall , hes been in riptide loads i think the last time was shots from sizey teahupoo .

plus you wont bee seeing lacky for a while hes living in mexico at the mo with a english booger called damian dinham.
i dont think englands great for waves but each year them number of ozzys and south africans keeps growin . we had newton and crashy here for about 7 months i guess there woundnt stay here if there coundnt get any good waves ?

oh and all this rugby , football , who cares ...?

oz not doing to well at the cricket at the mo lost to summerset ...ha ha . that like as bad as me beating mike s at pipe comp

booger - 20-6-2005 at 11:19

i rekon the surfing mainstream shit sucks, like you have the poser stand at surfers shirt off trying to look surfie for the ladies, i hate those faggets.
From pics is saw in rippy that cornwall place cranks, smokes the shit we get here most days.
hahaha wez not only did we lose to sommerset we lost to bangladesh when i saw that result almost died laughing, i am very embarassed now and admit england is better haha

booger - 20-6-2005 at 11:21

and for that been in rippy loads ive got last like 20+ issues of it and never seen a pic of danny

Airborne - 20-6-2005 at 16:08

lol it doesnt matter which country is better at what...aus beat us last time at playing this important cricket competition or something...cant remember when or what for.

Here's something that may make you less embarassed booger, even if it was a few years back:

"22/04/03

Camborne bodyboarder Damian Prisk worked hard to win the second Sick, Lame and Lazy men's pro-am final in Cornwall.

Despite intense pressure from Silvano Lourenco, Prisk held on to win the final in small waves.

It was a great result for Prisk, especially as Laurenco landed an air roll spin in front of the judges. Ricardo Perez, from the Canary Islands was third with Joao Vidnha fourth.

Australian Aidon Salmon edged ahead of Danny Wall to win the Drop-Knee title."

I could only find these pics of wall so far on the net:
He's mostly in the Threesixty mag.

http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/photos/img381.htm />
http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/photos/img372.htm />

[Edited on 20-6-2005 by Airborne]

wez - 20-6-2005 at 20:41

ha thats funny i know aidon salmon in fact i was surfing with him last week .... he works for rob barbers surf school ... shit hot on the knee but not very good at drinking beer

booger - 21-6-2005 at 08:54

who is the aidon salmon guy?? to win a comp in england is all you have to do bust an ARS??

Airborne - 22-6-2005 at 11:41

lol booger...to do an ARS in our small shitty waves at the time of that competition is impressive, i dont know how they get the speed otherwise they wud land on their necks.

But know seriously the article said he pulled an ARS, obviously they had to do a lot more to win.

I dont know salmon, but he sounds alright, cool how u know him wez lol.

[Edited on 22-6-2005 by Airborne]

Watson - 10-7-2006 at 16:49

Boys i think you need to get in the water and spend less time talking on this go get pited and u boys dnt even no wat AIR looks like!!!

rember swim between the flags

Watson - 10-7-2006 at 16:52

baber is shit !!! Prisk boys take the piss out off him and you realy think sum1 is going to get any were near Ryan Hardey i been out with him in 1-2 foot and he rip and his bro both lengends !!!!!

Airborne - 8-9-2006 at 12:12

quote:
Originally posted by Watson
Boys i think you need to get in the water and spend less time talking on this go get pited and u boys dnt even no wat AIR looks like!!!

rember swim between the flags

How the hell do you know how much experience we have? Nice way to start off your first post.
And unless you're being sarcastic, your "experience" should tell you that if you are wearing bodyboard fins and are a good enough bodyboarder then the lifeguards expect you to go outside the flags in some places.

And at least Barber has set up a bodyboarding school to teach new people to the sport.