Board logo

Ynyslas this weekend
alistair - 21-2-2014 at 19:46

Anyone else thinking of heading to Ynyslas this weekend? I'm hoping Saturday afternoon might work. Sunday looks like it might be a bit too wild.

Blaschito - 22-2-2014 at 00:09

Hi Al I will be going down early in the morning tomorrow as I have gotta be in town at 1.00 pm so hopefully will be some wind in the morning for a 12 m ses..happy to come down on Sunday to check it out as well may be late in the afternoon when wind is due to drop a bit?

Anyway I should be down from 9ish tomorrow morning. Jon also (from aberaeron) is coming up

quote:
Originally posted by alistair
Anyone else thinking of heading to Ynyslas this weekend? I'm hoping Saturday afternoon might work. Sunday looks like it might be a bit too wild.

alistair - 22-2-2014 at 08:19

Hi Blaschito, hope you have a good session this morning - I'll try this afternoon if the wind blows. Sunday afternoon is also possible.

alistair - 22-2-2014 at 19:35

Wind didn't appear to kick in this afternoon so I worked on the new shed. I hope I didn't miss a great session.

Hopefully Sunday afternoon might be OK from 2:30 when the tide has dropped a bit.

Blaschito - 22-2-2014 at 22:50

Al, lets keep an eye on the weather tomorrow and if it does not look too mental (looks like it may be gusting to 60 mph) I am keen to give it a go late in the afternoon..as you said 2.30 or may be at 3pm would be even better..will see tomorrow how it looks like

quote:
Wind didn't appear to kick in this afternoon so I worked on the new shed. I hope I didn't miss a great session.

Hopefully Sunday afternoon might be OK from 2:30 when the tide has dropped a bit.

[Edited on 22-2-2014 by Blaschito]

alistair - 23-2-2014 at 09:23

Blaschito, hopefully see you this afternoon. I can't work out what it is doing from the weather station so probably will just have to go and look!

paul s - 23-2-2014 at 09:50

Think I'll be sailing out from Dovey shortly unless it looks too mental on the beach. Lifeboat training day so at least I'll have some safety cover !

alistair - 23-2-2014 at 10:17

I've now got the zip working on my board bag so I might be able to sail this afternoon May see you in Aberdovey if I get blown downwind!

Blaschito - 23-2-2014 at 10:53

It looks mental at the minute from where I live! Paul any news about how is it looking on the beach?

alistair - 7-3-2014 at 18:42

Anyone thinking of heading to Ynyslas this Saturday (8th March)? I'm thinking the afternoon might work from 1:30 / 2 pm (after the high tide at 12:30).

Blaschito - 7-3-2014 at 21:30

Al I am going down tomorrow. Jon again from Abaraeron is coming up. I think I will head down at 11 ish or 11.30ish (despite high tide) . I will start to rig the kite and may be hang around for a while as looks like it may be sunny too and not extremely cold I will hopefully stay until wind lasts as I have got a day off tomorrow

quote:
Anyone thinking of heading to Ynyslas this Saturday (8th March)? I'm thinking the afternoon might work from 1:30 / 2 pm (after the high tide at 12:30).

[Edited on 7-3-2014 by Blaschito]

[Edited on 7-3-2014 by Blaschito]

alistair - 8-3-2014 at 08:51

Blaschito, hopefully see you this afternoon. Please send me a text from the beach to let me know what the wind is doing. It doesn't seem to have woken up yet!

Blaschito - 8-3-2014 at 09:21

Hi Al I will do no problems.I will let you know when I get there. In Aber you will not be able to see much when the wind is Southerly.

quote:
Blaschito, hopefully see you this afternoon. Please send me a text from the beach to let me know what the wind is doing. It doesn't seem to have woken up yet!