Board logo

Mountainbiking 15th and 16th Feb
jon d hat - 12-2-2008 at 21:09

looking like this weekend should be blinding for mountain biking so how about it.

Ive not decided on where at the mo but I doubt if it'll be my usual haunts. I am open to sugestions at the moment.

Spooker - 12-2-2008 at 22:10

Coedy Brenin for me on saturday, meeting a few guys I used to ride with. Earlyish start I think, 9 or 10 latest. Anyone else for a gentle bimble??

shem - 13-2-2008 at 09:10

DEffo keen for some biking if the estuary aint on. But where to go!!!???

mNeil - 13-2-2008 at 14:13

hows about to the brittannia inn and back Shem?

jon d hat - 13-2-2008 at 20:44

quote:
Originally posted by Spooker
Coedy Brenin for me on saturday, meeting a few guys I used to ride with. Earlyish start I think, 9 or 10 latest. Anyone else for a gentle bimble??

What trail are you doing? If noone is interested in going somewhere different, I may tag allong and go do a different trail on Sunday.

Was goin to go to cwm carn or Afan, may just do the summit or syfydrin trail at nant yr arian if I go coed y brenin on Sat..let me know

jon d hat - 13-2-2008 at 20:46

Just a thought...may be worth a truck up cadair idris

Dandine - 13-2-2008 at 21:17

Thinking of buying a bike tomorrow Jon. Would be up for a jaunt to somewhere different (If you don't mind a novice tagging along).

jon d hat - 13-2-2008 at 22:34

Hey Dan, what you decided on (bikewise that is) That Trance is looking awfully tempting at the price for a full susser. I know a couple of people who went for the trance and are well pleased...singletrack world review rate them as one of the best climbing full suss.

I will be peddlin all weekend looking at the wind so always happy for some company. Havn't decided where yet but will keep you posted. I have a feeling that if Spooker goes to Coed y Brenin, he will be with some hardcore pedlers so may wan't to give that one a miss, although he does refer to it as a bimble. Weather still lookin great so views will be incredible.

Happy shopping. PS if I had a couple a Grand spare, I'd get one of these

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=33444

Dandine - 13-2-2008 at 23:05

Keep me posted Jon. Was looking at that specialized in the shop today. A little too pricey, need to buy new SLR camera as well. Think I will look a little closer at the giants.

jon d hat - 13-2-2008 at 23:20

will do Dan.

Graham, Bad Excuse For a Sailor and shem all riding Trance..er..I think..maybe they could post up an opinion, mmmm Think Graham is off snowboarding at the mo but I know that he is well impressed with his. BEFS is a bike addict, He should be able to give you a fair overview

shem - 13-2-2008 at 23:35

Send me a txt if you boys end up down this way. Well keen. Theres a few epic rides over the mountain here, but there just track and field type rarther than beautifully carved out trails. If you wanna make a day of it, theyre ideal though. Having said that, Im always keen for a bit of pendam or the climax. pendam would probably be a nice easy way into it for dandine.

justal - 14-2-2008 at 08:11

I might have chance to get out for a bike ride near to home (Nant-yr-Arian) over the weekend, but only have time on Sunday.

So if anyone is heading up there for Sunday let us know.

I went out for a ride last night... Drove all the way up there only to discover I'd left the battery for my lights at home, so that was a wasted trip! Grrrr.

Al.