Board logo

MTB Trail Guide
justal - 26-9-2008 at 11:26

I've been playing around with GPS tracklogs and Google Earth and thought it would be useful to upload some trail guides here... I'll do some more over the coming months to include some routes not described elsewhere, and if anyone else has GPS tracks of their favourite routes then feel free to send them to me and I'll them as well. It will also give me an excuse to get out there and try them out.

If we end up with lots then I might even create a new section within FON just for trail guides.

First up is the Continental Syfydrin Trail at Nant-yr-Arian

Al.

jenx - 27-5-2009 at 22:13

I'd love to see all the main trail centres mapped. That way I know what I'm getting myself into before I actually get there!

justal - 28-5-2009 at 07:47

I have got quite a few of them logged as tracklogs from my GPS now and have been posting them in various places when people ask for them but will have to have a think about adding a proper listing of them somewhere.

There are of course plenty of others that I still need to ride in order to map them... Its a hard job I know!!

Al.

kevg - 25-2-2011 at 18:43

do you now any cross country trails around mid/north wales?

justal - 25-2-2011 at 18:49

Yep, loads..... When are you planning riding here, could give you some routes or maybe able to meet you for a day in the hills.

Al.

kevg - 2-3-2011 at 20:29

got a new bike feel fit, so i will take you up on a trip in the hills.
got some routes in the elan vallet hav'nt riden them yet as i'm recovering from torn tendons in the wrist, have made some loops by tracing bridleways, satmap site enables you to build routes at 1:25,000 scale so can see main details up sections/ downsections etc.
really want get into cross country rather than trails this year.