Board logo

Aber MTb Rides week beginning 22nd June
justal - 22-6-2009 at 08:39

Night Ride
Not so much a night ride these days as it is so light, but this weeks ride will be Tuesday. Venue is the Dyfi Forest.

Meet at the usual car park above Ceinws at 7:00 pm. We will ride a combination of the ClimachX trail plus a couple of extras (enduro trails - probably the Builth plus maybe Elephant and the final Dyfi descent).

Lights are not a necessity, but if we do a long loop it may be wise to pack them.

Weekend Ride
End of Month Ride in South Wales.
Leaving Aberystwyth early to get down to the trails by 10:30. A day down south starting at Glyncorrwg and White’s Level and finishing up on the Wall Trail at Afan.

General Info
There is a group of 10ish transient and 4-5 regular “hardcore” riders who join in on these rides in and around Aber/Mach.

We will ride for 2-2¬? hours depending on the people who join us, at a social pace.

Please feel welcome to join us at any time.

Al.

justal - 23-6-2009 at 15:09

Its gonna be a hot sticky ride tonight. Anyone else joining us?

Al.

kelvin - 23-6-2009 at 18:10

well did say I would join you but out this aft on the indestructable stinky and -------------- ooppssssss

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/1zok9d0.jpg[/IMG]

looks like out action now for a while

badexcuseforasailor - 23-6-2009 at 22:54

How the hell did you manage that? Hope it didn't hurt too much

justal - 24-6-2009 at 08:21

Steady Kelvin... That looks pretty serious.

So, what new bike are you getting?

Al.

shem - 24-6-2009 at 18:08

looks nasty, especially as I have a stinky as well!

justal - 25-6-2009 at 14:19

The plan for Sunday is to meet at Plascrug Leisure Centre at 8:00 am, sort out sharing lifts etc there and then hopefully get to Glyncorrwg for around 10.30 ready to ride the W2 Trail. (Whites Level and The Wall combined)

Should be a good day out, even if there is the possibility of some rain.

Al.

justal - 29-6-2009 at 16:55

Well, what and end of month ride that was.

Great riding, great weather and a good group of us out on the trails... All until about 20 seconds from the end of the final descent when Jon came off and lacerated his leg. Result was a ride in the helicopter to Moriston and surgery.

Full story and photos / video here/