Board logo

Bank holiday
andyd - 3-5-2013 at 20:29

Anyone out mountain biking Sunday or Monday
In the mac area or coed y brenin

justal - 4-5-2013 at 06:30

Maybe able to join you in Mach on Sunday.... Although I haven't been out on a MTB for months, and it is also the Dyfi Enduro so riding ClimachX maybe difficult.

Al.

andyd - 4-5-2013 at 06:53

I'm not that fit myself, but would be good to get out.
Let know if your up for a ride I'm stopping in Tywyn so mac would be good.

justal - 4-5-2013 at 07:00

Ok... Lets do it!

I shall be in the leisure centre cafe in Mach for a bacon sandwich and coffee from about 10:15am so shall we meet there and then decide where to ride?

I'm running at 7:30am from the leisure centre then swimming from 9-10am so will be in need of the bacon sandwich to keep me going for a ride!

Al.

andyd - 4-5-2013 at 07:21

Sounds great see you then, I would need oxygen after a run and swim not a bacon sandwich.

I've only ever done the climax so I don't know any other routes be good to find some new ones.

Andy

justal - 4-5-2013 at 07:44

We could try one of these:

http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/Dyfi_MTB/Mach123.html

I've never ridden them though so don't know what they are like or how easy they are to find / follow. I'll let you decide which looks best.

Al.

justal - 4-5-2013 at 17:10

Just got my bike out of the shed to check it over for tomorrows ride... Rear hub and headset completely seized!!!

Time for some frantic 'grease-monkeyering'.... Cue ball bearings all over the place. Think, I've found them all and should hopefully have it all back together soon... Hope it lasts the ride tomorrow though.

Al.

justal - 5-5-2013 at 15:46

Nice one Andy... It was good to get out on the MTB again and probably about time as far as my bike was concerned.

I was a little rusty on the descents to start with but soon got back into it.

Maybe we should do the Dyfi Enduro properly next year!!

Al.

Flevo - 29-8-2013 at 14:11

If you start again after a long break it is naturally that you will not feel as fit as you did before and ofcourse you will feel a bit rusty. I just started again two weeks ago and I could really feel the muscles in my leg burn after the first time training but now it already goes much better!

justal - 29-8-2013 at 21:05

Don't worry, I'll get back out on my MTB soon... Just got a little race in London to do first, then I'll chill a bit and start MTBing and ensuring for the winter.

Al.