Author: Subject: Sonic 2007 build quality issues
Fat Shady
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1506
Posts 178

Mood:

posted on 7-4-2007 at 20:29 Reply With Quote
Hi Sean,

For the record I have only ever had a conversation with savage once, so he is hardly a best mate. I have in fact spoken to you twice, once when i bought a Slingshot Drake off you in your shop and the second time at Portland when you hurt your back on a rock in the shallows.

There is no agenda here, its a public forum and we all spout opinions on the "facts" as they are presented. I didnt think it fair to question some ones character on a public forum when they raise a question about the stitching on their kite.

I do not read the flexi forum so all I have seen is what is posted on here. It seems like a lot of things have happened that have not been posted on here.

Was the failiure of the leading edge due to it not being stitched properly (can happen to any brand) or was it from over use or abuse? This is my only point, the customers history with other shops is irrelevent.

I personally would have accepted the repair if one was offered (even though that would mean that I would lose any rights to a replacement later). Sean if you did pay for the repair then I think that you did the decent thing.

At the end of the day this kind of thing is best dealt with in private. If you cant both agree then let a small claims court decide.

Sean C
Beach Bum

Member #: 1509
Posts 16

Mood:

posted on 8-4-2007 at 10:21 Reply With Quote
Hi Shady,

Thanks for your honesty... and apologies for implying you are best mates or something... I am relatively wound up about this as I am sure you can imagine and I was told that you ride together regularly.

Of course its a 'public' forum, they all are... never the less ther are a great deal of posters stalking around these forums with funky anonimous names who absolutely have agendas that the average reader will never know... Others, like myself and Shem for example post very much openly with our reputations and livelyood up front.

Yes, the quoted reply and photos posted above from myself was in reply to a second post by Ben on the Flexifoil forum and not to his simply asking if anyone else had any similar stitching issue... the answer to that one is a simple 'no' as i told him in the first place. He obviously figures I lie as he has accused in his PMs to me.

His second flexi post had mentioned Airjam by name and expressed how he was not happy that I had 'only offered to pay for repair' and continued to allege build quality issues with the 07 Sonic that are not true. The very title of the thread is "Sonic 2007 build quality issues" .. damning in itself. All of this relates to my business and reputation so I feel fair play that I should present my side of events in detail.

He has already made it quite clear in a PM to me that his intentions were to make sure bad news travelled fast and to 'teach me a lesson' ... that is his agenda by his own admission and as i have said, I will not rspond positively to forum bullying.

I think my reply was fair in presenting my side and all said and done, as said, I had full support of the flexiforum community including some very supportive PM's from complete strangers... I agree that it is very unfortunate to be conducted on a public forum but Ben spat his dummy out and took it there first with little to no discussion at all with me to try and work out an amicable compromise in the first instance.

I do agree that its not ideal to have mentioned the warnings I had from other dealers ... I never brought that up initialy and would rather not have at all but never the less its true and under the circumstances I do feel it is relevant. 2 dealers independently contact me to warn me that this guy abuses kites and is likely to try it on for a new kite under warranty ? ... Go figure... 4 months later I recieve a blatantly abused kite in the post with a miniscule 1" seam repair that no other kite has had (damage that is clearly indicative of fair wear and tear on such a well stressed kite... perhaps someone crashing it a lot whilst learning backloop kiteloops etc?) ... and a new kite replacement is presumed and demanded without discussion.