Member #: 11450
Member Is OfflineMood:
| posted on 14-4-2017 at 15:54||
|The 11th National Watersports Festival 2-4th June at Rutland|
The Biggest Windsurfing & SUP Festival in the UK!
New Decade – New Location! The 11th National Watersports Festival will take place on 2-4th June at Rutland Water Park in the East
Midlands. There is plenty of fun for all the family – Dare not to be There?!
1. Meet in the Middle! - Mates up north? Mates down south? Now, you can meet in the middle!
2. Calm & predictable inland waters – super-friendly conditions for the whole NWF community; youngsters, novices &
3. Try simple, out-and-back ‘Master Blaster’ Racing; no complicated rules. Prizes galore - & 3 chances to win if you enter as an
individual, a team and in fancy dress!
4. Youngsters – The youth element is a very important part of the NWF and youngsters are particularly encouraged to come along to the
Festival, maybe to try a sport for the first time, to learn new skills or to have a go at competing in a friendly environment. The RYA
Team 15 will be hosting competition & skills cams, open to all & we are proud to be hosting the Red Paddle European Junior SUP
5. Parties – Oh, the parties – The NWF is renowned for the live music and epic parties on Friday and Saturday nights. Stepped up a gear
this year, the parties are sponsored by The Grainstore, a local brewer of award winning ales & ciders.
6. Flying Fireworks – the only pyrotechnic glider team in the UK licenced to fly at night, giving a display fit for a Queen! THE Queen.
AeroSPARX performed for the Queen’s 90th birthday.
7. Night Freestyle – As well as the feast of colour & action in the sky, pro windsurfers will perform a breathtaking, floodlit
stunt show just feet from the shore.
8. Try Before You Buy - The NWF Trade Show is the largest in the UK. The top brands & the teams behind them can talk you through
the latest kit & you can try & compare demo kit on the water.
9. Free Taster Sessions, Coaching Clinics & Demos – One of the most popular elements of the NWF is where the top professional
riders & coaches impart their wisdom on the water, off the water or in the case of some – in mid air! There are also free taster
sessions in each sport if you want to try for the first time.
10. Cheaper Tickets – with much of the infrastructure already in place at Rutland Water Park, the organisers have passed on savings to
the important people; the NWF community! Tickets are available for the day, the evening or the whole weekend.
Rutland Water is also a destination in its own right with walking & cycle trails, a zoo, a climbing wall & children’s
playground among its many attractions.
So bring your mates, your partner, your kids; in fact bring everyone and help make the NWF 2017 the very best year yet!
For more information, online entry or tickets for the incredible beach parties, see www.nationalwindsurfingfestival.com or the NWF
www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/water-parks/rutland gives further details of the venue and attractions.