SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 14-11-2003 at 18:20 Reply With Quote
Radsail?

Any opinions on the Radsail range.

I am thinking of getting a kite for those days when I can't get to the water to windsurf and maybe something that will take me into Kite-Boarding.

A 3M Radsail looks like a very cheap option. Cheap always has a compromise attached, but I am trying to understand what that compromise is as I may be happy with it!

The Radsail can be flown as a 2 line or 4 line kite and is about 1/3 of the price of the next option. The 3M would suit me as a 'big chap' and give me a good potential start for the kite boarding.

Anyone got one? anyone got any opinions (good or bad?). Anyone suggest any alternatives?

Ta in advance

SeanBo

PS - Wind is rocking here at the mo! Wish I could get out!

Is there wind on the way??

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 14-11-2003 at 18:35 Reply With Quote
rad sail

Rad sails are a great cheap option, but its well worth your while spending a little more and buying the "Rad sail pro". Ive flown both, and am a kite instructor. For a 3 meter kite the 3 is well powerfull, the rad sail pro 4 meter, is a much better kite. a lot more solid. They like being flown off 4 lines, and arent great on 2.

If you wanted to spend more the "wind wing" is a great kite, flown off 2 lines on a bar and 4 lines off handles. With a bar its an amazing mountain board kite.Its designed 4 snow kiting and mountain boarding.

Hope thats some help.

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 337

posted on 14-11-2003 at 20:22 Reply With Quote
Great answer, thanks.

I am not sure if I have to have a kite that can be flown on two or four lines, but I guess if I want to progress to moutain boarding then I need a kite that can be flown on two lines?

Anyone else have any comments?

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by SeanBo]

mexican bandit
Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 18-11-2003 at 08:14 Reply With Quote
Most four line kites can be flown on two (three if you tie the brake lines into a de-power system), it's just that you lose manoeuvrability, turning becomes slower. Check out Al’s cross-over system attached to a waterfoil, somewhere on his personal toy box, one way of reducing the effect of using two lines.

Personally I don’t like the way the radsails fly. If you want to try out a better kite for the same amount, buy a second hand one from the for sale pages or E-bay. A flexifoil blade or an ozone razor will be much better.

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 337

posted on 18-11-2003 at 09:47 Reply With Quote
Hmmmm

I have scanned the e-bay stuff a couple of times, but never spoted any Blades that come close on price. I will have another look later and maybe check out the Razor as well.

Can anyone else add to the list of second hand kites to look for?

Ta

SeanBo

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy