Author: Subject: At last....
Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 250
Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 5-4-2005 at 19:00 Reply With Quote
At last....

At last looks like some wind coming this way...tides are right (WSM). Not working overtime & maybe the sun will come out? (optamistic).
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-4-2005 at 19:19 Reply With Quote
Ssssshhhh!! Or you'll scare it away!

It is starting to pick up here now and things are looking good for tomorrow afternoon... Who knows, there may be enough to go for some forward loops... If I have the balls to go for it... I'll be expecting you to Spencer, it must be a bout a year now since the day we started going for it.

Hope you get some good sailing in.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 5-4-2005 at 20:30 Reply With Quote
Hi Al,
Had a look back through my diary entries,it
was indeed nearly a year ago to the day.
This Thurs looks like a good forcast? I bought a cheap(if it gets smashed not too much lost) 90lt Naish Wave with the hope of trying some loops more often,as the flow is to big for a newbie looper & not living 30 seconds away from the beach like yourself (highly jelous) i dont get much use of my 76lt board.
I cut & paste my diary entry,seems like yesterday, i can still smell the sea air now & your loop is imprinted on my mind,if only i could download to a PC???

3rd April 2004
Windsurfing: Ynyslas Golf course
Wind Direction: WSW
Wind Stength: F3/F6
Surf / Sea State: BIG
Air Temperature:
Sea Temperature:
Weather:
Max Speed:
Distance Covered:

Again light winds in the morning ideal for the kiters.Got on about 11ish as was about F4 now,using big kit.The sea seemed abit bigger than saturday.Had plenty of power on the 6.0m pulling some big jumps with some serious speed in the waves.A sqwall went through and the wind was topping 30knts.Rigged a loose 5.0 and finally got out on my new wave board.Forgot what it was like to sail a sub 80Lwave board in decent waves it was amazing even dropping in on big white water.Jybing was so easy on the big waves/swell,which most out back were half mast.
After a quick break to adjust the footstraps mentioned to Al that it would be the perfect time to attempt some forwards.So we hit the water.I done a run out and was on my way back in when Al coming straight at me launched into a forward loop attempt,to my surprise almost making it.I sailed past with a big grin thinking right my turn.And that was the way we spent the next half hour,aving a run each,attempting forwards in the shallow waters as didnt fancy launching off 8/10ft waves outback.All i can say is once you launch off that wave it all gets abit confusing/disoritating.I witnessed Al pull off a perfect forward-fair play.He called it a day but i persisted but every attempt got worst as i was shagged out but wanted to do one,wish someone had a camera as i had some good wipeouts felt like jumping out the bedroom window headfirst.Next time i will crack it having done a 9/10ths loop.It was the best weekends windsurfing i've had since getting back into it.
All in all was a good weekend sailing with Al & Steve in excellent conditions,would be nice if we could do a fon w/end with con. like this?
Wish Borth was a little closer to home!
Toys Used:
Mistral Flow 276 103lt
AHD Maui Force 250cm 76 lt
Tushingham Storm 5.0
Tushingham Storm 6.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating:

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 6-4-2005 at 16:24 Reply With Quote
Hehe... That has to be one of my favourite diary entires ever.... Especially the following bit:

quote:
I witnessed Al pull off a perfect forward-fair play

Although I wouldn't really call it perfect! It was a good day though, and today was similar. I tried a few of forwards, but all were a little messy today, I also went for a properly commited attempt at a back loop off a 6 foot vertical face at full speed..... MAD. I didn't make the landing nut I did get most of the way around. It was a little disorientating though.

Had some really good wave rides too... Woohoo.

Al.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2005 at 20:02 Reply With Quote
Nice one, sounds like you had yet another excellent session.36 knt forwards ouch.all the backloops on the various films ive watched, the landings always look ackward with the last 90-150degrees being done on landing in the water,that looks like the really hard bit!
couldnt get away from work early so no sail for me today.Was gonna go to wsm tomrrow but tide is late at 7pm'ish but looks like guru is saying it might drop in the evening backed up by Theyr.ney,but 7am looks pretty good dunno weather to get up really early (just got up at 4.30am the last 4 days for work) & sail in the morn? dilemmas dilmmas?... Maybe i should do 'an AL' & sail AM & PM...

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 7-4-2005 at 17:21 Reply With Quote
nar man drive across bridge to Barry/Porthcawl low tide in aft is perfect , no mud as well

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 8-4-2005 at 12:24 Reply With Quote
Hi kelvin
wish i had now(but i was told they want £8 for a van to cross the bidge),ive only sailed Porthcrawl once along time ago,On a brand new Bic alto(thats how long ago!).Didnt realise you can sail on low tide,so will hopefully give it a go soon....
Spencer...

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 8-4-2005 at 15:34 Reply With Quote
It was more than £10 I think last time I tried to get across the bridge in a van... I did manage to get across for the price of a car in the end as camper vans should be charged at car rate.

Al.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 8-4-2005 at 18:32 Reply With Quote
Just found tariffs for the old bridge. £9.60 for Lgv's £4.80 for cars. I know i paid £4.80 last time i crossed the new bridge in a car so odds on the prices are the same for both. Scandless....
That makes it far cheaper to go to Westward ho! or Saunton than it does to Barry from here even though its closer Shame...

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 8-4-2005 at 19:44 Reply With Quote
YUP bridge fee are a bummer , put a window in van door and you can get accross as camper , same price as car ,
but worth the £4.5 when its lowtide in afts and wsm if mud bath ,
in sw winds you can sail barry anytime from high water to lowtide and about half time back in , then depends on your skill and how much you value your gear .
treco porthcawl similar but need west or nw wind .
let us know if your coming anytime

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 9-4-2005 at 05:58 Reply With Quote
Ive got a tinted window for the sliding door but havnt put it in yet! Was gonna do it myself but dont want to #uck it up.
Looked at your site & from the pics it was Treco i sailed at b4, it was big & scary that day...
If i head that way will let u know..
Cheers Spencer...

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy