Author: Subject: Mountain Board Course
kitesurf_dan
Beach Bum

Member #: 851
Posts 27

Mood: Chilled

posted on 21-4-2005 at 18:36 Reply With Quote
Mountain Board Course

Just been up to see the new mountaon board course being built in Bryncrug. Looking good!

Theres good turns and a lot of rollers to play on, including some good log jumps that are separate of the track.

It'll be good to finally get somewhere to play where we don't keep getting chucked off!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-4-2005 at 08:31 Reply With Quote
I've just received the following info regarding the new centre

"There is a new centre opening on Saturday 28th May 2005 at Bryncrug,Tywyn.

Dragon Run Mountain Board centre
Caerffynnon Farm
Bryncrug
Tywyn
Gwynedd
LL36 9RE

Phone: 01654 711835

They have built a beginner / intermediate track wich was completely designed and built by Simon Little, Tom Kirkman, Laurie Kaye, Alex Downie and IG Wilkinson.
The track, although fairly easy to ride, is long and flowing with loads of rollers together with a couple of other interesting features and a step up finish. The 2nd bend is on a steep sweeping right hand bend straight after a large roller/table top feature making a hip on berm type of arrangement which can be ridden or jumped. The track is fast and flowing if you know how to pump rollers or it can be simply ridden down at most intermediates would be happy with.

There are also 3 log jumps in the freeride area and a set of rollers at the foot of the training area. They are in the process of building 3 wooden ramps of assorted sizes to be placed where ever. All in all its a first class training centre aimed primerily at beginners gained from all the caravan and camping sites in the area. That said Tom, Alex and the guys all said that it was the type of centre they would love to just come and have chilled out day at, riding a fairly fast but reletively easy track just for the fun of it.

There will also be a large training area with a nursery slopes, rollers and a small log jump for all the beginners to use.

It also has possibly the best view from the start gate of any centre in the UK and the freeriding available on the rest of the farm land as well as the surrounding area is literally first class.

Anyway on Saturday the 4th June 2005 there will be a demo day at the centre. The ATBMag team (Tom, Laurie, Alex and IG etc) will be there to do some demo and teaching."

I suggest we try and get as many riders there as possible to help support this centre. I will get over there as soon as possible and get some pictures for the ATB Wales website and will get them online as soon as possible. If anybody is intending going then PLEASE post up here so we can get an idea of numbers.

Here is a mulit map link for the centre: Dragon Run Mountain Board Centre

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

kitesurf_dan
Beach Bum

Member #: 851
Posts 27

Mood: Chilled

posted on 28-4-2005 at 17:50 Reply With Quote
I'll be there
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 28-4-2005 at 17:58 Reply With Quote
Ill be showing me face, AAAAAAiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 23-5-2005 at 18:34 Reply With Quote
just thought i'd say i got my mountainboard now, might have to check the course out

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy